Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Is it Friday yet?
Is it Friday yet?
Pictures
Sep 27 2017
07:52:05 PM
Getting my 2 Joeys on Friday. I am so excited! I purchased a parrot cage from amazon for $100 bucks. It got good ratings and quite a few reviewers used it for gliders. Tonight my boyfriend and I put it together and I added the cage bedding. Now I just need to buy something to go in the litter pan and I'll be set. I plan to change out the food bowls and get a glider kitchen. Still have to go out tomorrow and buy some toys, but I'm loving it right now! Let me know if there's anything you would add.

[center]Error in IMG tag, missing closing tag. ]
Pictures
Sep 27 2017
08:37:50 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
How exciting!!! Friday is almost here, and you'll be a mix of excited and a little nervous most likely as it approaches.

Your cage is fine, you do need some toys though. I love the color of your bedding (where did you get your bedding btw? Just curious?

You really don't need anything in the drop pan, I use bare pan and have no trouble cleaning it up quickly in the morning using paper towel, small dust pan to collect the pan yuck and then use a spray bottle of mix (2-1) water and vinegar, then wipe with a clean paper towel, takes only a minute or two pretty much.

If you prefer something in your pan, I recommend Custom Cage Liner I have a coupe I use for my glider's roof-top playground (that's arranged on a spare drop pan & sits on top of cage). I have also had custom shelf liners made by her and they're awesome too. And, I have read many good things about them from those who have used them in drop pans. I just got such an easy routine with a bare pan, that I don't use them, but when I settle on my gliders vacation enclosure, I'll be getting some made for that.

I know many like using Glider Diners (or kitchens), I've used them, and then stopped. I set up feeding areas so that they have a little coverage, so either higher up in the cage and the lower one I typically use either a corner hammock or tuck them under a full bridge type hammock. I keep my whole cage covered from side-back-side, with only the front open, so my walls don't get messed up. With the exception of vacation set up at times, I have personally found no need for a Glider Diner.

For water, I love the silos, I switched from water bottles and haven't looked back (except on occasion when travel if it's all I can use at the time).
Silos I use in the smallest size, love them! I use for water, and have also used for nectar portion of their diet, but now use these Clean Cups for their nectar. I like the cover over them to help keep clean, but I don't like these hanging high, unless sitting on a firm shelf for support. Cage mount or heavy bowls are suitable for the salad portions of the staple diet you use.

Pictures
Sep 27 2017
09:34:25 PM
Jpal03 Starting Member Visit Jpal03's Photo Album 2 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by TJones09

How exciting!!! Friday is almost here, and you'll be a mix of excited and a little nervous most likely as it approaches.

Your cage is fine, you do need some toys though. I love the color of your bedding (where did you get your bedding btw? Just curious?

You really don't need anything in the drop pan, I use bare pan and have no trouble cleaning it up quickly in the morning using paper towel, small dust pan to collect the pan yuck and then use a spray bottle of mix (2-1) water and vinegar, then wipe with a clean paper towel, takes only a minute or two pretty much.

If you prefer something in your pan, I recommend Custom Cage Liner I have a coupe I use for my glider's roof-top playground (that's arranged on a spare drop pan & sits on top of cage). I have also had custom shelf liners made by her and they're awesome too. And, I have read many good things about them from those who have used them in drop pans. I just got such an easy routine with a bare pan, that I don't use them, but when I settle on my gliders vacation enclosure, I'll be getting some made for that.

I know many like using Glider Diners (or kitchens), I've used them, and then stopped. I set up feeding areas so that they have a little coverage, so either higher up in the cage and the lower one I typically use either a corner hammock or tuck them under a full bridge type hammock. I keep my whole cage covered from side-back-side, with only the front open, so my walls don't get messed up. With the exception of vacation set up at times, I have personally found no need for a Glider Diner.

For water, I love the silos, I switched from water bottles and haven't looked back (except on occasion when travel if it's all I can use at the time).
Silos I use in the smallest size, love them! I use for water, and have also used for nectar portion of their diet, but now use these Clean Cups for their nectar. I like the cover over them to help keep clean, but I don't like these hanging high, unless sitting on a firm shelf for support. Cage mount or heavy bowls are suitable for the salad portions of the staple diet you use.

I love the silos! Was thinking of ordering one when I saw someone else mention it. And I'm thinking of making my own fleece pan cover so I can just throw it in with everything else for washing. I also saw some puppy pads that are almost the exact size of the cage. I tend to gravitate to the easiest clean up method because I just hate cleaning things lol.

I found this set on Etsy! The name of the seller is TheSugarBearStore and she has some really cute set ups. Plus it only cost $25 bucks. Let me know if you have any toys that are 'must haves'.
Pictures
Sep 29 2017
10:57:55 PM
Thank you for the name of your vendor

You won't regret a silo.

Must haves for mine are the spinners, wheel & treadmill. Other than that, they are mostly interested in forage toys, lol, and like plastic fiddle bits to bite, chew on, and toss about the cage. They also enjoy the large toddler toys/floor toys. I alternate between a Tree House, Noah's Arc, and recently added a Skull and fished their Little Castle from my storage unit (for use on cage top playground). They like sitting on and inside those types of toys Other than that, they don't really mess with too much else, but I place some reset toys and swings in there anyway. My gliders like to jump from place to place when they can, so I try to place accessories strategically to encourage that, and they do utilize the braided fleece vines somewhat, but not the fringy ones.

Cage Top Playground phot can be seen in my album in profile. In that pic it shows the castle and treehouse. Currently I swapped the treehouse for the skull. I rotate them in the cage, so the arc, tree house and skull will rotate around between inside the cage and on top of the cage.

Edited by - TJones09 on Sep 29 2017 11:01:26 PM
Pictures
Sep 30 2017
10:07:06 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
you are probably going to want to zip tie the small feeder doors closed, gliders will figure them out and get out of the cage
Pictures
Oct 11 2017
03:28:13 PM
I'm wondering how it's going, looking forward to an update.
Pictures
Oct 11 2017
08:43:42 PM
ptamom Glider Visit ptamom's Photo Album 145 Posts
How exciting; they are so fun to watch. Despite my efforts, mine do not like to be held by me. I have used various things (tent, pouch) I am still trying and hoping though.

I used doggy pads in my cage and love it. I got them from Amazon and probably have enough for a year. It is easy for me to clean up.

Your cage looks nice.

Congrats!
Pictures
Oct 11 2017
11:19:58 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by ptamom

How exciting; they are so fun to watch. Despite my efforts, mine do not like to be held by me. I have used various things (tent, pouch) I am still trying and hoping though.

I used doggy pads in my cage and love it. I got them from Amazon and probably have enough for a year. It is easy for me to clean up.

Your cage looks nice.

Congrats!

Most gliders don't like to be held, even the few I can hold usually like to move around or sit on me or in my shirt BEFORE they like to be held in my hand. Some I can pick up, others I let walk onto me from the cage.
At the end of the day, just can take months to get gliders to trust and bond with you, just keep up the day to day and night to night contact.
Pictures
Oct 12 2017
03:17:01 PM
lfr899 Glider Visit lfr899's Photo Album USA 58 Posts
I got the same cage..housed 2 gliders...now it houses a disabled sparrow and a finch who is her new cage mate. Zip tie any door you wont be using. My girls use to get out all the time wheels are essential...tunnels,tubes,fleece. I buy bird toys and hang them..good for forging as well.i even have a ferret tunnel in my cage now. I crinkle up paper put it in there and hide meal worms in it.
Is it Friday yet?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Is it Friday yet?