Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories
Crazyyyy Gliders!
Crazyyyy Gliders!
Funny
Nov 04 2017
09:41:59 PM
Sparky is insane!! I put her in the pouch a few minutes ago and unzipped it just to say hello and pet them. She rambunctiously ran up my arm and got lost in the maze of my room.. Oh lord. She is TOO fast. You wouldn't believe how fast she is, lordy.. She can outwit and outrun me easily even with my fast motions. Crazy town! Anyone else have this problem? LOL
Funny
Nov 23 2018
03:53:53 PM
Emily Holcombe Joey Visit Emily Holcombe's Photo Album Emily Holcombe's Journal 12 Posts
Bubbie is my little man. He has the run of the living room unless I'm asleep. As soon as my alarm goes off in the morning, he's barking to be let loose. I get up early to get ready for work so it's still dark outside. Most of the time he goes home on his own when I put my shoes on because he knows I have to leave. Lately he's been playing hide and seek, then chase which usually makes me late for work. Now I trick him to get him to come to me so I can catch him. Treats are a great trick to use. Just make sure you give them the treat.
Funny
Nov 23 2018
10:50:41 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
my tricks
trick one: for friendlier gliders - shake a small (1-2 cup) tupperware container full of dried mealworms, or yogurt treats. the sound will have them come to me, then to a quick scoop up (I like scoop up better, less likely to get bit.) or a grab if needed.

trick two: get a large fleece piece, about 1 foot by 1 foot or even 2 foot by 2 foot. use it to pick them up so they don't bite me, wait them out once in open get them, also, if they get covered by the fleece it seems to slow them down sometimes.
but even this trick is best once the gliders know what the sound of dried mealies in a tupperware container sound like.
Pinkie will give out a huge crab when I grab him, but once in cage I always show him my hand let him sniff me and let him know its ok.

with totally unbonded gliders, we would have 2 of us, and we would corral the glider to one of us.
Crazyyyy Gliders!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories
Crazyyyy Gliders!