Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Introducing two new gliders to one?
Rescue
Jul 09 2018
03:27:24 PM
Sometimes I feel like the universe answers what we need. I bought my baby a month ago and found out from here how harmful it can be for her mental health to have one. I have been talking to a breeder but today a friend of a friend commented on her post saying he wanted a good person to take his two. Long story short he took them in when someone wanted to Craigslist them and it broke his heart. They are six months old and have been handled but not as much as the current owner wishes. So I am going to take the two in.

Now my issue. I have a 12-16 week old right now and two 6 month Olds coming in. I have only seen posts talking about introducing one, but how do I do two? They will be coming to my house in August so I am trying to educate myself as best as possible. I will have adequate cages for both groups. What about intros will differ in my situation? By the time they are introduced Ophelia(after quarantine) she will be about five months old. So yes two months away but I want to go into this confident. If I didn't give any info needed please let me know and I will give it, :) thank you again.
Rescue
Jul 09 2018
04:35:17 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts

Our intros have all been done the same way mostly. The biggest change being sometimes we have rushed a bit. but my wife has got them all together just fine.

We started with 2 gliders with 2.
then we added 2 to 4. Then 2 added to 6.
We had one failure going from I think 7 and adding 3. We had one female of the 3 that was chased into the corner of cage at night by several gliders, so ended up removing her after several nights.
this last one we added one to a colony of 4. they are doing great together.

Just follow the instructions. and see how they are reacting.
Most gliders in my experience love to have company, they just need the proper scent training so introductions are done and the glider is smelling a familiar not a total stranger.
Rescue
Jul 09 2018
10:53:44 PM
Emmikate Joey Visit Emmikate's Photo Album 33 Posts
Do you have a favorite guide or post that explains it? I feel a bit overwhelmed with all the differing info I have seen
Rescue
Jul 10 2018
07:37:39 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
are the 6 month olds male or female? if males are they neutered?
Rescue
Jul 10 2018
03:21:34 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts

www.sugarglider.info/

www.sugar-gliders.com/glidervet-134.htm

there is also a guide on this website. but it is hard to find.
Rescue
Jul 10 2018
03:43:12 PM
www.sugarglider.com/gliderpedia/index.asp?IntroducingNewGliders

this websites introduction instructions

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders