Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
my grooming glider
my grooming glider
Information
Jul 17 2018
03:21:39 PM
So gus love to groom. He has one spot on each arm and goes to back of head to groom my hair. sometimes he's fine, other times he goes full on digger.
I try to be quick to gently push him away, hoping he will get out of the habit of a hard groom.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO3PcmSh55I
Information
Jul 17 2018
10:10:16 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
was the sore there before he groomed hard on that spot?

Gliders will notoriously aggressively groom flaws on our skin. Freckles, scab, pimple, mole, tattoo, anything that seems out of place to them they try to remove they do the same with each other which is why we HAVE to separate them if there is an open wound.

They aren't trying to hurt each other or make it worse they are trying to fix it, and make it worse in the process.

Have you tried long sleeves to cover your arm where he grooms, or maybe a sweatband?

The back of the head prolly the same way, have your spouse look at your scalp for something you may not even know is there like a freckle or mole or something especially if it seems to be the same spot all the time

Edited by - Leela on Jul 17 2018 10:11:27 PM
Information
Jul 17 2018
11:01:14 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
gus and gizmo started my two wounds, Now they are the go to spots. I'm pretty
fast at brushing them away but they come back every 10 to 20 minutes to try again.
I thought about a bandaid, a sweatband is a good idea. before gizmo loved one spot on the elbow, but once it healed he mostly leaves the elbow alone.

I made the video cause sometimes people will post they have gliders biting them, so I could show that sometimes a bite is NOT a bite.
I work about 12 days straight, so I'll heel up good then have to be on the lookout of groomer gus.
Information
Jul 17 2018
11:30:12 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
right on, there is a difference and grooming can hurt just as bad if not worse than a bite.

I have one girl that goes for a tender spots on me on my side and under my arm it startles the crap out of me every time lol she is usually easily distracted if I nudge her or cover that spot with my hand for a minute she forgets about it and goes back to circling inside my shirt.

my grooming glider

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
my grooming glider