Why is her chin pinkish?
Previous |
Page: of 2
Why is her chin pinkish?
Health related
Aug 07 2018
10:32:42 PM
MollyAndOlivia Glider Visit MollyAndOlivia's Photo Album 59 Posts
i have never seen an abscess on a gliders chin. Only their eye or so. Its hard for me to tell if an abscess is the case.

I can try and get a picture of her chin like how i did with her belly but she was very squirmy.
Health related
Aug 07 2018
10:42:09 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
abscesses can happen anywhere on the body not just their faces. It is often by the eye yes, but it can present itself anywhere.
Health related
Aug 08 2018
09:29:28 AM
I just tried to get a picture of her chin and she wouldn't let me. She squirmed everywhere. I'll probably try again later. How do you get your glider to stop squirming? They were also barking a bit much last night. They don't really bark. They only barked when I first got them.

Edited by - MollyAndOlivia on Aug 08 2018 09:37:14 AM
Health related
Aug 08 2018
11:33:26 AM
scoot Joey 30 Posts
About the walking. In the video it looks like she's scratching up against the walls of the cage. Does she always do it against a wall?

I'm more of a novice, but is it unlikely that she's just scratching her back?
Health related
Aug 08 2018
11:43:48 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
That is a very good observation and question. It is unlikely she is scratching, butttttttttt she very well could be 'marking' the cage.

It is not uncommon for some females to mark a cage as much as males do, in fact I have a female that does that and yess now that i think about it she moves like that when she does it, I have a video of it somewhere I'll try to find it.
Health related
Aug 08 2018
12:38:06 PM
This is my porkchop Miss Nicky. The glider inside the cage was a intact male joey. She marked everything on top of his cage but this is the best video i could find of it. She leans against the box to rub her scent on it like a dog would.

I may try to edit it n see if I can slow it down a little.
Health related
Aug 08 2018
01:09:57 PM
Slowed down you can see her really lean, then rub her belly

If MolyandOlivia's glider reallly got into marking that would most definately explain how she is moving and the random times she does it. Especially if she has joeys in pouch her hormones are elevated....

sorry the music sounds horrible slowed down i couldn't get rid of it

Edited by - Leela on Aug 08 2018 01:11:35 PM
Health related
Aug 08 2018
03:18:16 PM
Hmmm, that could actually be it. I haven't seen her do it since that time where I showed you. I don't want to assume she doesn't do it because I'm not there with her every second. When she does it she doesn't seem to rub against the cage. It does look like she actually may be scent marking.

Can anyone help me find a vet located in New Jersey? I noticed last night she had this like freak out and while she was freaking out about something she was barking and seemed like she didn't trust me.
Health related
Aug 19 2018
05:24:51 PM
I finally was able to go to a vet. We found out a few things. Yes, she had a small abscess. They gave us a bottle of something to clean it with. They say to clean it 2-3 times a day for 7-10 days. If it's not getting better in a week or so to take her back.

We also found out she doesn't have two joeys but, she has three!
Health related
Aug 19 2018
06:13:57 PM
good deal!! hopefully she feels better soon!
Why is her chin pinkish?
Previous |
Page: of 2

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Why is her chin pinkish?