Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
UMMMMM BALDING?
UMMMMM BALDING?
Health related
Oct 22 2018
08:46:32 PM
Alright, so as you know, if you saw my post before, my sweet Izzy’s head was bald except for her stripe when I rescued her. It was pitiful. Well I’ve had her for about a month and a half and she’s still bald but now her whole head is bald and she she has this black spot in between her eyes but I can’t tell if it’s hair growing back or maybe she harmed herself?? No rude or judgemental comments please. Just want the best for my babies! I haven’t done anything differently except for wash the things in her cage (one item at a time) and i ocassionally move her toys around so she’s not bored. I uploaded a pic but I’m not sure if it will be on the post or on my profile. Please help!
Health related
Oct 22 2018
09:16:14 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
I would take the glider to the vet, see what he says.
Health related
Oct 22 2018
09:17:28 PM
IzzyBear Starting Member Visit IzzyBear's Photo Album IzzyBear's Journal 7 Posts
My vet for her is 3 hours away. I plan on taking her this weekend but due to work I will have to wait until then and just needed a little piece of mind about it.
Health related
Oct 23 2018
12:27:18 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
Sorry I couldn't help.
I have no experience with hair loss.

there are some other sites available for advice and help. along with
facebook groups.

Edited by - BYK_Chainsaw on Oct 23 2018 12:28:23 AM
Health related
Oct 23 2018
07:20:04 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
She's over grooming, could be bored, stressed, cage to small, lonely, environmental stress... etc.

Gliders overgroom for many reasons the hard part is narrowing it down. You don't need a vet for over grooming. Some Gliders are habitual over groomers , even when everything is ideal they still over groom.
Health related
Oct 24 2018
07:45:52 AM
mechnut450 Glider Visit mechnut450's Photo Album 121 Posts
I not read other post (looking from cell) she over grooming (based of your pics), if she alone then it cause she bored and lonely . the black spot you referring to might be the black hair coming back in ( which is a good sign as she not grooming as much or if a possible scab from grooming the skin ( picture will help) but if she has a friend then she may stop we had a glider who groomed so much she was bald and had a bald spot on her chest until we got her a cage mate( was a demo glider at a store) now she got plenty of hair and a bbf who blind but she still loves him lol
UMMMMM BALDING?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
UMMMMM BALDING?