Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
sugar glider cage measurements
Question
Jan 28 2020
08:47:18 PM
Hello sugar baby lovers, I'm in search of a bigger cage for my babies. I found one on Amazon but measurements are 30" inches wide and 18" inches long and 55" inches high and the bar wire spacing is 3/8" is this a good cage size for sugar gliders.
Question
Jan 29 2020
04:00:49 PM
BatGirl Glider Visit BatGirl's Photo Album BatGirl's Journal USA 50 Posts
While size matters somewhat, so do other cage features. What kinda bottom does it have? Wire with a removable tray below it, or just a solid bottom (removable or otherwise). Is the wire coated with something, and is that something safe for the little chewers? Is/are the door(s) secure-able? My cage is such an odd size that I can't find a cover in it's size. Is it multi-level, or just one big open area? Are there any sharp edges/corners that can harm the critters?

Bigger isn't always better...
Question
Jan 30 2020
01:06:54 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
the critter nation cage I use and love, is
36" wide 24" deep 48" high. so about the same size you are taking about.

I can see 2 or 3 gliders in a cage that size, but I think they should have
lots of toys and running wheel and outside of cage time too.
I have 3 of those cages tied together as one big cage with 6 gliders.
Question
Mar 24 2020
09:26:48 PM
bbbalson Starting Member 2 Posts
Like BYK_Chainsaw, I have the Critter Nation Deluxe, and because I am an over achiever i got one add-on piece. It makes a monster of a cage with lots of space. I have the ability to put so much stuff all over. Big is awesome and I never have to worry about whether or not my two guys feel cramped or lack for space. Plus all that space allows for lots of toys and perches and pouches, etc. Just make sure you have enough stuff to change out here and there to keep them from getting mentally bored. I have even let them “help me” when I am changing out perches or platforms and the such. Of course as i’m doing that i am always thinking to myself, “why are you teaching them how to take it apart?” Lol.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders