Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories
How many sugar gliders does it take to trash a closet?
Funny
Dec 31 2021
08:04:32 PM
Answer? In my case three (3)...

During the wee hours of the night I typically put in my three (3) sugar glider's treats, opening the door, putting in the little bowl of fruit, and rousing them to come get the 'good stuff'... often they play and amuse me... once they distracted me and yep - I forgot to close the dang door!

Went to check on the little buggers the next day around the lunch hour and noticed the freakin' door was open... and no sugar gliders to be seen on or in the cage. PANIC! Quickly I ran across the room and closed the door, pulled off my shirt and stuffed it in the crack at the bottom of the door... probably too late?

First I contemplated how I was going to turn my room upside down looking for them. Turned around and went back to their cage that I keep in the double door closet for my room, and noticed a bunch of crap all over the floor in the doorway - shirts pulled off of hangers, things knocked off the closet shelf, just general mayhem. SO! They're probably just somewhere in the closet, eh - easier to take apart than the whole bedroom...

As I began my search by taking things off the top shelf of the closet, being a bit noisy too, I suddenly hear Piper (she's the mother of my darling Starling,, and mate to my little guy Aerrow) doing her growl - she doesn't like being disturbed. It was coming from inside the cage, though! Looking closer, and pulling the little red fleece blanket out of the cube nest, there before my eyes are all three of my precious ones zonked out napping!!!

APPARENTLY after discovering that I'd left the door open, they got out in the night while I slept and proceeded to play in the closet - jumping onto clothes hanging in there with their weight pulling clothes off the hangers, running along the shelf bumping things off, knocking toys off the top of their cage, tipping over their spare water bottle, and other escapades until they got bored and tired, then decided to just go back into their cage and nap out - where I found them

I suddenly found myself sitting on the floor laughing my head off - wildest thing I'd ever seen! The little mischief makers did a professional job of trashing the closet, but I enjoyed cleaning up the mess as that was MUCH better than having to play detective and find them. Who knew that Sugar Gliders are territorial. If given the chance to go free they'd prefer to just hang out in their wonderful big cage - there's no place like home!
Funny
Jan 01 2022
05:43:43 PM
gliderloverforever Glider Visit gliderloverforever's Photo Album USA 141 Posts
They're little trouble makers!
Funny
Jan 02 2022
02:16:48 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
I have a sugar glider room. the cage isnt even put together completely anymore. I made a 20 gallon tote into a sleeping house. 5 of them come out at night and run the room. (made glider safe) and one female, no. 6, stays in the cage, she wont generally leave the cage. at night I can find them sleeping or hanging out in different parts of the room, running on the wheels. once the sun comes up I can find all 6 sleeping in the tote when I take out the old food and do my glider check.
Funny
Jan 02 2022
09:44:53 PM
gliderloverforever Glider Visit gliderloverforever's Photo Album USA 141 Posts
That is adorable, BYK-Chainsaw!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories