02:41:57 PM
SSS in SC

2010 May 15, 16

Come One, Come All!

We are having the 2nd Annual SSS in SC!
Sari's Suggie Social in South Carolina

You can start to read about it here:
http://www.kitchweb.com/SSSinSC.html
Although, I really need to do some updating!

I can't wait to see Suggie friends, old and new! Please RSVP on this thread, by PM, or email me @ skitch@charter.net.

Sorry for the late notice on the date, but hey, who REALLY makes plans early???

Just a side note, this year it's being held on My Birthday!

Anyone traveling to this event has an invitation to bunk at my house, just like last year
Event
Apr 09 2010
08:11:26 AM
SariYappa Face Hugger Visit SariYappa's Photo Album USA 413 Posts
So... anyone on this area up for a get-together?? Where are the South kakolakian's??
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 09 2010
09:27:46 AM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
I would in a minute!!!
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 09 2010
08:39:19 PM
I bet you would... I would love to meet you in person! Wish I could afford to just rent a plane to pick everybody up!
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 09 2010
11:28:11 PM
Moriko Face Hugger GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Moriko's Photo Album Moriko's Journal AL, USA 943 Posts
SC sure is far away from AL. =/
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 10 2010
09:50:41 AM
bobnzoey Face Hugger GliderMap Visit bobnzoey's Photo Album bobnzoey's Journal IL, USA 539 Posts
i wish but im in Illinois! but if i were closer i would totally go!
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 10 2010
10:00:27 AM
Awwww, thanks guys! Where ARE the people that live closer?? So far we have people from SC, NC, GA, possibly TN and maybe FL! Come on down!!
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 19 2010
03:10:03 PM
Ok guys, here's the list of people I'm expecting so far...
1. Me- SariYappa (and hubby too)
2. Tara- Saturngirl
3. Jana- Gr8pots (and possibly her hubby Rick)
4. Heather- Suggieslave82
5. Johanna- JohannasGliders
6. Kim- Kcolfer
7. Barb- bdeese
8. -lilhummbird
9. Melissa-meme0608
10.Sonia-

Those are just the positives... we have several maybe's too! :dance:

Peggy?
Julie?
Candy?
Trish?
Ginger?
and all those last minute people that havn't responded yet!
Event
Apr 23 2010
10:28:38 AM
Tara, thanks for reminding me about the fleece exchange!!!!

YES! Let's do the fleece exchange.

For those of you that were not here last year, here's what you need to do to participate...

Buy One yard of fleece of a favorite print.
Buy One Yard of fleece of a coordinating solid.

When you come to the SSS, don't forget it!

The fleece will be laid out in pairs, we'll all pick a number from a hat. #1 gets to pick their favorite pair 1st... then #2 gets to pick... then #3... and so on. The last number gets the last stack of fleece.

Don't worry! Because in the end, if we don't ALL love what we got, we trade!

It's a LOT of fun, and it doesn't really cost anything, because even though you buy 2 yards of fleece, you take home 2 yards. And it's SO MUCH FUN!

So... who wants to play??????????????
Event
Apr 30 2010
09:06:26 PM
The hostess (me!) will be providing BML, fruit, veggies and snacks for all gliders wishing to attend

The list is growing, this is getting to be a big event! I am so excited, I think this may be the best birthday present ever!
Event
May 08 2010
10:04:52 PM
ONE MORE WEEK!!!!
The list is getting longer, we have a full house! Can't wait to meet everyone!
Event
May 08 2010
10:16:19 PM
Here's a list of people, and what they are bringing to the SSS in SC...
Obviously it's not complete...

1. Me- SariYappa (and hubby too)... house, BML/treats, goodie bags, surprises
2. Tara- Saturngirl ... paper goods, and some BIG surprises!
3. Jana- Gr8pots (and possibly her hubby Rick)...
4. Heather- Suggieslave82...
5. Johanna- JohannasGliders...
6. Kim- Kcolfer...
7. Barb- bdeese...
8. -lilhummbird...
9. Melissa-meme0608...
10.Sonia-...
11. Calla B. - calla17... Veggie and/or Fruit Tray?
12. Erin - new suggie owner...
13. Alicia - sweetcarolinasuggies...
14. Tricia - sunshinesky...

As you can see, I am having a hard time finding all the info, so please fill in the blanks for me! :-)
Event
May 11 2010
02:46:43 PM
Who wants to bring:

*Drinks (ex: soda, iced tea, juice, water bottles?)

*A lunch or dinner dish... ex: Lasagna, tuna caserole, home-made pot pie, eggplant parmarsian, a family secret recipe...

*Chips... tortilla chips, potato chips, doritos etc.
w/dip... ranch, veggie, salsa/hot cheese/guacamole/sour cream

*Dessert... home-made chocolate chip cookies, brownies, ice-cream, Carvel Birthday cake(!), Strawberry shortcake...

*Salads: Potato salad, macaroni salad, pasta salad, salad in a bag!, etc.

*Your choice: bring something special for everyone to eat or drink!

It's almost here guys, and we need more volunteers for eats!

Don't Forget List:

1. Fleece for fleece exchange
2. Tooth brush & Jammies for the sleep over
3. YOUR SUGGIES! and a Travel cage/tent (I have a couple of extras)
4. Toy making supplies (if you have, there will be supplies available!)
5. Your donation for raffle or goodie bags, etc.
6. Your WALLET!! You don't want to miss out on the surprises!!
7. Food you signed up for

Tara, what else am I forgetting? ;)

4 more days and counting!!!!!

Event
May 12 2010
04:05:35 PM
Kim is bringing a fruit/veggie tray
Jana is bringing a Strawberry Jello salad, and potato salad
Sari is ordering a 6' Italian sub from Publics (donations accepted)

Sombody jump on drinks, dessert and chips!

THANKS TARA for remembering!! (please remind Richard too)

I AM ALERGIC TO PERFUME/COLOGNE/FRAGRANCE
Please be thinking of me while following your normal routine that morning...
Event
May 17 2010
09:00:06 PM

http://www.kitchweb.com/SSSpictures2010.html

click above for pictures from the SSS in SC!

Suggie people rock!

THANK YOU to all the generous friends that showed up at the SSS in SC, We made a grand total of $446.50 at the gathering!!!!

What a fantastic Birthday I had, doing exactly what I wanted to do, being with suggies, and suggie people.

I am so thankful for all my suggie friends, new and old.

Tara, Barb, Jana, & Tricia, how fantastic it was to gather again!

Barb: You look amazing! So young and skinny this year! Thank you so much for the Carvel Birthday cake, it's exactly what I wanted :ddream: I'm SO happy you decided to take the trip for the time you were free. That was the best Birthday present! I hope your day at work wasn't too hard on Sunday!Don't forget to call when you get back into town for the vet visit. We'll do lunch :high5:

Tara: You look great! I love the new hair look, and you're loosing weight too... I better get into gear w/ my diet! I finally got to meet Paisley, and she is JUST PERFECT! I can't wait to introduce her to Cooper & Sophie, so I can visit w/ all 3 next time. We must get them together before the SGGA! You are always welcome to spend the night, so we can get more time together making glider goodies. Thanks for all the wonderful donations, and the pencils were just awesome! And thank you for the wonderful Bday gift (toy from tootles!) :high5:

Jana: You look fantastic. It's like going back in time! It's always great to spend time w/ you, Glaze & Sili. I hope Sili didn't pull too much hair after spending time w/ so many gliders in one room. You are a neighbor, and friend and a business partner. I couldn't do most of the things I do without you.
Thanks for all the help making this a successful gathering, and making all of those wonderful donations! It's nice having an artist in the group! We've still got lots of time together before the SGGA, so we are the luckier ones.

Tricia: You are walking!! I was so happy to see you show up w/o crutches, I was starting to think they were a permanent part of your body... I'm glad we got to trim Peachtree's nails for you. Soon we'll have you doing it on your own, like an expert :agree: Please give extra mealies to Stitch from Auntie Sari, sorry he wasn't able to be there. You are close enough to hang out more often, so don't be a stranger! Please tell Chelsea it was nice to meet her. I hope she had fun too :Smile:

Kim, Heather, Johanna, Alicia, Suzanne, & Richard, I am so happy to finally meet you!!

Kim: We finally meet in person! You are just as amazing in person, as you are on-line. What a huge heart you have. Dare I say, deep pockets as well? :heart: I bet you can't wait to get Ryvre home. What a sweet and crabby little boy! You made some of the most wonderful donations, and we couldn't have raised as much money as we did without them. A special :tnx to your generosity and huge heart! Now I have time to look forward to the SGGA, and to see you again! I hope you can bring more babies w/ you then. Tara & I decided that you must room w/ us in Kentucky! Thank you for my beautiful Birthday gift, it is truly unique

Heather: You little sneak! I am so happy you surprised us, and showed up after all. Another Birthday surprise! I'm glad we got to meet in person. Dare I say thanks to the X for the shopping spree? :devil: We all had a blast with Ryvre & Chewey. They'll do just fine I wish I was able to spend a little more time w/ you... next time!

Johanna: Nice to finally meet you! Thank you for the Birthday gifts. I think all of your extra shirt lumps are just adorable! I'm especially thankful for you bringing your wonderful daughter Cayla. What a sweetie! You are lucky to have her. You also have one amazing Tattoo on your back... It will be no time at all that you'll have homes for your 3 little rescue boys.

Alicia: What a beautiful family you have! I'm glad you guys got to meet other suggies people, and were exposed to all the new things to learn. Thanks for the Birthday card! I would love to see what it is like in your home, w/ all 6 kids, and all of those sugar gliders!! Your daughter Kayliegh is really something when she comes out of her shell. What a little animal whisperer she is :high5: And your husband Scotty, he is the life of the party :ducking: He can "take the bite" of any glider, but of course that's nothing to him since he's got 6 kids, right? Thanks to your whole family, even Kayliegh bid on stuff herself!

Suzanne: Better late than never :roflmao: I hope the time that Richard & Scott spent w/ your little trouble glider will help in his recovery. I think he'll come around! I'm glad you have found the glider community to help w/ your new glider adventure. You've had quite an initiation w/ those 2 new babies. I'd love to have more time to spend w/ you, and do more glider things in the future. Your doing a great job! I hope your Aunt continues to do better, and you have some free time to play with us more.

Richard: You made it! :whiteflag: It was nice to finally meet you, after seeing your videos on youtube, and hearing about you from Tara for so long. Sutton & Suzie are amazing gliders, and ummmm, I think I have 2 new best friends! :roflmao: Your love & generosity for the gliders was obvious at the gathering, and we owe you a very special THANKS for all of your donations. You'll have to share pictures of "the loft" with all of the wonderful things you got at the gathering. Don't forget pics of Sutton & Suzie playing with them too! It was nice to spend some personal time with you & Tara on Sunday. I hope to see you again at the SGGA!

We never heard back from Calla, and she was a no show. I hope her, her mother, and brother are OK.

We really missed all of you that were not able to come... but there's always next year's SSS in SC!!!!
Let's start planning now!
Default, miscellaneous
May 18 2010
06:04:55 AM
Mollysmom Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit Mollysmom's Photo Album MI, USA 2011 Posts
Wow! I'm jealous!:-) Wish I could have been there with you all.

Congrats on what appears to have been a wonderful gathering.
Default, miscellaneous
May 18 2010
04:27:17 PM
We had a blast!
Wendi, I WISH you could have been there too! Maybe next year?!
Default, miscellaneous
May 18 2010
06:28:12 PM
Mollysmom Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit Mollysmom's Photo Album MI, USA 2011 Posts
Maybe I'll have some vacation time banked up by then. Looks like a great time!

I know Queen Molly would love to travel a bit! LOL!
SSS in SC

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Events and Calendar
Event: SSS in SC