Sugar Gliders
show your CAGES!!
Previous | Next |
Page: of 4
show your CAGES!!
Default, miscellaneous
May 11 2009
10:18:10 AM
suggielover74 Face Hugger GliderMap Visit suggielover74's Photo Album USA 933 Posts
Oh how I wish I could do something like that Jett. Where do you find the supplies for it? Do you have a blueprint or is there a kit you can buy? I really would like to build one, I'm just not that talented, I need something I can folloe directions on.
Default, miscellaneous
May 11 2009
11:22:08 AM
Ilovesuggies Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Ilovesuggies's Photo Album USA 494 Posts
JETT LOVE IT IF ONLY I COULD HAVE SOMETHING LIKE THAT. all the cages looks great i have 4 diff ones one day i will take pics
Pictures
May 11 2009
07:20:28 PM
Jett Face Hugger GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Jett's Photo Album Jett's Journal Australia 681 Posts
This does come in panels that you put together but it is made locally and I paid them to put it together for me. Then we shifted house. It pulled apart and went back together very easily. I have wild Sugar Gliders in my neigbourhood so I know they can survive the temperatures we have to deal with.
Default, miscellaneous
May 11 2009
09:17:48 PM
suggielover74 Face Hugger GliderMap Visit suggielover74's Photo Album USA 933 Posts
I would like to build one so I could take them out, kind of a place to play away from home.
Default, miscellaneous
May 12 2009
12:37:08 AM
stepakapets101 Super Glider GliderMap Visit stepakapets101's Photo Album stepakapets101's Journal Canada 366 Posts
I wish I could have a cage like yours jett!!!
its soo cool lol, I wanted one that big for my gliders but I desided agenst it only because I dont have to room for it right now, plus I couldnt build it outside because it gets to cold out here at night for the gliders.

thats what I hate about canada, it gets too cold!!! i think when I can im going to move somewhere where its always warm!!! plus its ALWAYS raining up here!
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 09 2011
09:09:13 PM
jamie89 Starting Member 2 Posts
dizzysmom
where did you get your branch for your cage. did you order that online or did you find a way to sterilize it?
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 09 2011
09:47:58 PM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
Jamie, that last post on this thread was made in May of 2009. Dizzysmom doesn't really post anymore, unfortunately.
Pictures
Feb 10 2011
02:15:54 AM
valston Super Glider GliderMap Visit valston's Photo Album NY, USA 319 Posts
stepakapets101
quote:
gerr, I wish I lived in america sometimes!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

do you know anyone that lives in the states? i work for a building company, and we build 2nd homes for a lot of Canadians, and i get shipments to my office quite offten for them because they cannot hove them shipped to Canada.
Just a thought
Pictures
Feb 10 2011
02:18:11 AM
valston Super Glider GliderMap Visit valston's Photo Album NY, USA 319 Posts
sorry, i didmn't realize how old this post was
Pictures
Feb 10 2011
05:33:29 AM
KatFarrell Face Hugger GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit KatFarrell's Photo Album KatFarrell's Journal USA 558 Posts
Still a good thread! lol

Oh, I wish I had the money & space for an outdoor cage like the one at the bottom of page two. My gliders would love it during the warm months.

Here's mine. I got it off ebay for $210 just last month. Shipping was included. It looks like the Excel/Bird cage.

It has a lot more toys now, especially vines. I'm still searching for foraging toys that my gliders love...they seem to be ingoring the easter eggs.
Pictures
Feb 10 2011
11:13:48 AM
aerglider Super Glider Visit aerglider's Photo Album USA 354 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by KatFarrell

Still a good thread! lol

It has a lot more toys now, especially vines. I'm still searching for foraging toys that my gliders love...they seem to be ingoring the easter eggs.

ingoring? is that dangerous?
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 10 2011
11:16:31 AM
KatFarrell Face Hugger GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit KatFarrell's Photo Album KatFarrell's Journal USA 558 Posts
lol sorry 'ignoring' - I can't type sometimes
Pictures
Feb 10 2011
12:36:36 PM
quote:
Originally posted by lovely1inred

The cat litter boxes in Kazko's cages are the nest boxes. The PVC pipe going into the tops are for the webcams. And the webcams are linked into this site, you can watch his suggies any time you want! (They are super adorable too, but we all already knew that.)

Oh! Oh! I wanna see! lol

I must be going blind because I cannot find the webcams...are they still up?

And how did Kazko set this up! I so want to record the antics of my little ones while I'm sleeping. :D
Information
Feb 10 2011
01:02:10 PM
shadow Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit shadow's Photo Album MO, USA 2332 Posts
no the webcams are not up anymore. if you look through his journal he probably has something about the webcams. and just so you know jett is in Australia, that is why the gliders are in outdoor cages.

Edited by - shadow on Feb 10 2011 01:07:17 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 10 2011
01:08:29 PM
Dang, thanks for letting me know.

Yeah, I think I remember reading that. I'm still jealous though, lol. :D
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 10 2011
05:13:21 PM
jakeelwood Super Glider Visit jakeelwood's Photo Album NJ, USA 396 Posts
my girls cage:

my boys cage:
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 10 2011
05:18:51 PM
I have a more updated picture of the cages I will load in shortly. The Boys setup above is when I first got the cage.
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 10 2011
05:26:43 PM
Updated pic of my boys cage:

Pictures
May 23 2011
01:10:16 AM
caheath4 Joey Visit caheath4's Photo Album USA 49 Posts
I just finished my PVC cage last week. It measures 5'x3'x2' and cost about $130-145 total. Aside from my sloppy handywork, I'm very happy with it :)

Pictures
May 23 2011
01:39:43 AM
Taither Super Glider Visit Taither's Photo Album USA 247 Posts

The cage I built for our little fuzzies. This was when I JUST finished it.
Default, miscellaneous
May 23 2011
01:48:05 AM
Raven2evil Super Glider Visit Raven2evil's Photo Album USA 224 Posts
I'm jealous you all have huge beautiful cages. One day I'll be able to afford that.
Default, miscellaneous
May 23 2011
02:14:25 AM
We paid like $60 for ours. My girlfriends stepmother owns a hardware store, though. We got most of the supplies we needed for free. lol
Default, miscellaneous
May 23 2011
02:45:37 AM
YoungGun Face Hugger GliderMap Visit YoungGun's Photo Album LA, USA 526 Posts
What kind of mesh screen did you use to make your PVC cage.
Default, miscellaneous
May 23 2011
03:07:27 AM
Tenax hardware netting. Bought two rolls of it at Lowes for about $11 a roll.
Pictures
May 23 2011
02:50:40 PM
jamers113 Super Glider GliderMap Visit jamers113's Photo Album jamers113's Journal FL, USA 279 Posts
This is our glider room The 2 cages are conected by a plastic drain tube. They love it. The Tree has silk leaves that they remove each night.

Always like to find new Ideas it keeps the girls Happy! I took a recent pic with a few additions.(Dates on Pics)

Default, miscellaneous
May 23 2011
02:54:23 PM
Raven2evil Super Glider Visit Raven2evil's Photo Album USA 224 Posts
O.o Must have purple cage set O.o -drools-
Default, miscellaneous
May 23 2011
04:35:59 PM
Faerie Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit Faerie's Photo Album 1833 Posts
Jamers I am sooo jealous!!! I can't wait till I can have a glider set-up like that!!
Default, miscellaneous
May 23 2011
04:41:13 PM
misscarl Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit misscarl's Photo Album USA 1169 Posts
so wait, they can crawl through the tunnel into the other cage?! thats awesome!
Default, miscellaneous
May 23 2011
07:22:35 PM
YoungGun Face Hugger GliderMap Visit YoungGun's Photo Album LA, USA 526 Posts
Just curious. If PVC is around .50cents a foot and the mesh is $20 and fittings around $2 a piece why is it costing y'all around $150 to build these cages. I am in no way criticizing anyone, just curious because I'm thinking about making one.
Pictures
May 23 2011
07:26:35 PM
Faerie Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit Faerie's Photo Album 1833 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Younggun

Just curious. If PVC is around .50cents a foot and the mesh is $20 and fittings around $2 a piece why is it costing y'all around $150 to build these cages. I am in no way criticizing anyone, just curious because I'm thinking about making one.

Plus zip ties, latches, under the cage tray....not sure about the cost as I've never built one myself.
show your CAGES!!
Previous | Next |
Page: of 4

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
show your CAGES!!