General Chat
Hi there - new to the site!
Next |
Page: of 2
Pictures
Aug 31 2009
12:56:19 PM
Hi my name is April and I just wanted to introduce myself!
I have 6 adorable suggies they are my babies for sure! Right now I dont work outside of the home - so it works perfectly that I can stay up all night with them and sleep til mid afternoon! (I have been declared disabled by the state) I am 27 years old and single - I have an online store that I have just started to keep myself busy - selling sugar glider supplies (what else? - lol!) well thats a bit about me - now on to my sugar gliders! (the good stuff!)

First is Cricket and Sprocket - they are a standard grey breeding pair - and Cricket is quickly becoming my favorite - lol but dont tell the other gilders that! She is the best mommy ever - her devotion to her babies always impresses me - just the slightest noise from her baby(ies) and she is right there ready to comfort them!
(picture is of Cricket and her newest baby girl clinging to her back for dear life!)
Sprocket is a bit more crabby but is a good daddy too - he LOVES mealworms and will do just about anything to get them! ha ha
(Cricket, Sprocket and little baby!)

I also have a white faced adult male named Jack - he is so quiet and mild - at first when I got him I was even thinking he was an old man - he moves very slowly around the cage - he is just one laid back dude!
(Jack on one of the toys I made for them!)

And last but certianly not least is my trio - Issac
(his first baby picture!)

(WFB 100% leu het male)

Leah and Rebekah (couldnt get a picture of them to load for some reason, maybe I am trying to download too many pics on one post?)
(100% leu het grey sisters) I will be getting them somtime next month - once I can pay them off - lol

Anyways my sugar gliders are my LIFE they are all I ever talk about - just ask my friends - lol
I just wanted to say hi and introduce my clan!
Thank you!
April

Edited by - suggie_supplies on Aug 31 2009 01:01:23 PM
Pictures
Aug 31 2009
01:42:44 PM
starryskye1 Glider Visit starryskye1's Photo Album starryskye1's Journal USA 186 Posts
They are too cute!!
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 31 2009
05:05:07 PM
suggielover74 Face Hugger GliderMap Visit suggielover74's Photo Album USA 933 Posts
April, welcome to the site, Your babies are adorable. Please remember that anything you want to sell should be posted and talked about in the classified section. I look forward to getting to know you and your clan. Welcome to the forum.
Pictures
Aug 31 2009
05:34:21 PM
suggie_supplies BANNED April May Fargo Visit suggie_supplies's Photo Album 10 Posts
OK thanks for the advice suggielover74 - I already posted an ad there - I was just letting everyone know what I do for a living - yes my life is consumed by gliders - lol
quote:
Originally posted by suggielover74

April, welcome to the site, Your babies are adorable. Please remember that anything you want to sell should be posted and talked about in the classified section. I look forward to getting to know you and your clan. Welcome to the forum.

Default, miscellaneous
Aug 31 2009
05:42:17 PM
snusie Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit snusie's Photo Album snusie's Journal USA 2962 Posts
Welcome, April, you sure have some pretty babies there!
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 31 2009
08:51:09 PM
tink761 Super Glider GliderMap Visit tink761's Photo Album tink761's Journal WY, USA 210 Posts
Welcome April to the site. Your babies are realy cute.
Pictures
Aug 31 2009
08:58:56 PM
Rita Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Rita's Photo Album Rita's Journal MO, USA 12214 Posts
Welcome, April!
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 31 2009
09:40:32 PM
SariYappa Face Hugger Visit SariYappa's Photo Album USA 413 Posts
Hi April... nice looking babies! Issac is a very interesting color!
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 31 2009
10:27:56 PM
Eric C Retired GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Eric C's Photo Album Eric C's Journal TX, USA 2321 Posts
The person by the name "suggie_supplies" has been re-banned. See a post made Apr 9, 2009, Error, missing URL. 7
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 31 2009
10:36:19 PM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
I had a feeling something was very familiar!!
Pictures
Sep 01 2009
05:04:33 AM
dizzysmom Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit dizzysmom's Photo Album dizzysmom's Journal IN, USA 3882 Posts
Figures.
Pictures
Sep 01 2009
04:13:34 PM
suggiepup42 Starting Member 7 Posts
I am very confused. SariYappa just reintroduced herself and promoted her store, outright promoted it. Suggie supplies just mentioned what she does, and gets banned. I'm very confused about the politics of this site and the people that are running it. True I am new to the glider community, but this seems very strange that the rules do not apply to all the people equally. Can someone please explain this to me?
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 01 2009
04:16:50 PM
Dahlia_2020 Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit Dahlia_2020's Photo Album SC, USA 1419 Posts
read the link that Eric Coleman posted above. There was some problems with this same individual a few months back. They gave her several warnings which she ignored and as a result they had to ban her. They're nipping it in the bud before it can start all over again.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 01 2009
04:19:36 PM
Mollysmom Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit Mollysmom's Photo Album MI, USA 2011 Posts
If you read the post that Eric pointed to, you see that Suggie Supplies was the same individual who was banned from this forum back in April 2009 for spamming all the members of this forum. That is why she was re-banned. It has nothing to do with anyone's politics on this site. If anyone else did this, they would also be banned.
Pictures
Sep 01 2009
04:24:16 PM
Ok, thank you! I read through the information, seems like alot of supposition and no proof, but whatever, if that's the kind of world you all need it to be, then so be it. I guess I won't be coming back. Such a shame, could be a real asset, but I can't in good conscience be a part of something that is so sensored with no room for defense or forgiveness. I notice there wasn't any opportunity for her to defend herself. Hope no one else has any mistakes or problems with any of you in the real world. What would happen then I wonder?
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 01 2009
04:27:02 PM
suggiepup42, I too was feeling a little bad when I saw the post from Suggielover74 "April, welcome to the site, Your babies are adorable. Please remember that anything you want to sell should be posted and talked about in the classified section. I look forward to getting to know you and your clan. Welcome to the forum."...
HOWEVER, I believe that is the end of any similarities between the new/old member, and myself??
If I did something wrong, I am sorry. I did not even post a link to my store until somebody asked, and I have not advertised in the classifieds section here yet, because I do not want to expand my store to this forum until people get to know me better, and I get to know you guys too.

I don't blame you for asking, as I said, I was wondering the same thing myself; but then noticed that there was "history", and a link for explanation.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 01 2009
04:27:25 PM
Dahlia_2020 Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit Dahlia_2020's Photo Album SC, USA 1419 Posts
oh my! lol! I'm giving everyone three guesses as to who "suggiepup42" REALLY is, and the first two don't count.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 01 2009
04:28:40 PM
Wow, there were like 4 posts while I was writing my reply!
Now, I have to confess, I didn't even READ the link... guess it's time to go and see what all the fuss is about! :-)
Pictures
Sep 01 2009
04:31:07 PM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Dahlia_2020

oh my! lol! I'm giving everyone three guesses as to who "suggiepup42" REALLY is, and the first two don't count.

I totally agree and if it isn't, then I have a few other guesses myself.
Pictures
Sep 01 2009
04:48:46 PM
What is this a NAZI camp! My name is Lisa Marie Watne, I live in Elizabeth Colorado. What is your problem people? Just because someone disagrees with your way of doing things doesn't mean you should pick at them the way a chicken picks, til they are bloody and dead. So loving with suggies, but no love left for people. I thought we lived in the USA, freedom of speech means nothing here? Oh, I guess we will just leave that part out of the constitution. I have been reading through all the info available about this and you all need to be careful, could be opening yourselves up to lawsuits. Liable, slander etc. Guess this means I'm next.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 01 2009
04:56:42 PM
Yes, yes it's a Nazi camp. Liable? Slander? Please explain how you came up with that. Seriously, calm down. Funny how you don't bother to comment on the THOUSANDS of helpful threads but just choose to stick around on the one that happens to be about someone that re-joined and pretended to be someone else after already being banned. Oh, and for the record, I'm exercising MY freedom of speech....as you did.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 01 2009
04:58:18 PM
suggiepup42, regardless of who you are, you're getting WAY too worked up over something that SUPPOSEDLY has nothing to do with you, and very much did happen back in April. You want to say that there was no proof, yet the vast majority of the board members here received multiple MASS spam letters from this individual, who wouldn't stop even when she was asked to SEVERAL times. There is plenty of proof as to what happened. And the owner/moderator of this board can kick anyone off they see fit at any time. Its really that simple. You making comments that we care more for our gliders than fellow human beings is not called for. Calling us Nazis is not called for. If someone does not follow the rules that they agreed to when joining this forum, then it is on THEM if they get kicked off the board. There is definitely nothing illegal in that, and if you think there is, good luck telling that to your lawyer. He'll laugh you right out of his office.
Pictures
Sep 01 2009
04:59:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by kyro298

Yes, yes it's a Nazi camp. Liable? Slander? Please explain how you came up with that. Seriously, calm down. Funny how you don't bother to comment on the THOUSANDS of helpful threads but just choose to stick around on the one that happens to be about someone that re-joined and pretended to be someone else after already being banned. Oh, and for the record, I'm exercising MY freedom of speech....as you did.

YEAH! What she said.
Pictures
Sep 01 2009
05:00:46 PM
Catman Goose Catcher GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Catman's Photo Album CO, USA 2670 Posts
suggiepup42 what is your email address I will show you what she did Would you like some SPAM!?!?!?!

I'm sure there are some matching IP's somewhere
Pictures
Sep 01 2009
05:11:11 PM
My email is lisamw_42@yahoo.com feel free to email me anytime you want! I don't have a problem with it. AS for sticking to something negative instead of looking at the positive, I have paroused the site, I feel the way people handle conflicts and whether or not they over react is a telling example of the kind of people they are. You have every right to disagree with me, as I have to disagree with you. But to ban someone, that is a drastic step. I notice there is a way to block senders from emailing you directly, why wasn't that step taken instead. I hate injustice and it feels that way. AS for telling my lawyer, I am illustrating the caustion that needs to be exercised. There needs to be proof of wrong, not suppostion. Go ahead and send me whatever you want to prove your point. That's fine with me. But don't pretend to be something you aren't.
Pictures
Sep 01 2009
05:12:16 PM
snusie Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit snusie's Photo Album snusie's Journal USA 2962 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by suggiepup42

Ok, thank you! I read through the information, seems like alot of supposition and no proof
The proof is Eric's statement. The action of this person created a huge mess, and a lot of hard feelings while things were being sorted out. You are new to the site, so you may not know that this site belongs to Eric Coleman. This is not a publicly owned forum. Eric and Kazko are the administrators, and they can ban whoever they wish for whatever reason, and don't have to explain or defend themselves.

I find it interesting when a new member steps into a discussion like this. You don't know what happened earlier this year; you've read the thread and still don't understand; leave it at that. You've been reading through all the info available about this ... about what? The big Spam event? You weren't here, so you don't know.

Nazi camp, slander and "liable"? (check your dictionary for the correct spelling please.) Pfft. Take a pill.
Pictures
Sep 01 2009
05:13:48 PM
Jay21 Glider Jay21's Journal USA 191 Posts
I have been here for a couple months but... man this topic is gettin pretty TOASTY... I understand about the spamming jazz and all although i was not here in April to really get the full 411 on what happened but from reading Erics link I got enough to understand what happened. oh and who sits in fron of a computer for 3/4 of ur day.

Pictures
Sep 01 2009
05:17:12 PM
According to Websters New Universal Unabridged Dictionary Liable is spelled correctly
Pictures
Sep 01 2009
05:25:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by suggiepup42
AS for sticking to something negative instead of looking at the positive, I have paroused the site, I feel the way people handle conflicts and whether or not they over react is a telling example of the kind of people they are.

Amen to that. If you didn't over-react to something you don't have the facts about, I don't want to see you when you do. If you've perused the site, you would know that there aren't conflicts very often.

quote:
You have every right to disagree with me, as I have to disagree with you. But to ban someone, that is a drastic step. I notice there is a way to block senders from emailing you directly, why wasn't that step taken instead.

They were warned and chose to ignore it. Again, YOU DON'T KNOW ALL THE FACTS

quote:
I hate injustice and it feels that way. AS for telling my lawyer, I am illustrating the caustion that needs to be exercised. There needs to be proof of wrong, not suppostion. Go ahead and send me whatever you want to prove your point. That's fine with me. But don't pretend to be something you aren't.

Who's doing that? I personally have no reason to send you or anyone else anything to prove any point. Eric matches up IP addresses. Period. Enough proof for me.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 01 2009
05:32:33 PM
Jay21 Glider Jay21's Journal USA 191 Posts
Im wit u. Kyro.
Pictures
Sep 01 2009
05:33:31 PM
Catman Goose Catcher GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Catman's Photo Album CO, USA 2670 Posts
quote:
AS for telling my lawyer, I am illustrating the caustion that needs to be exercised. There needs to be proof of wrong, not suppostion.

This is a free country, but the internet cost $$$.The people that pay,set the rules.You don't like it, BUY your own site!!!
quote:
I have been reading through all the info available about this and you all need to be careful, could be opening yourselves up to lawsuits. Liable, slander etc. Guess this means I'm next.
For banning someone

She sent PM's (more than 1) to almost everyone on this site trying to push her stuff.

Edited by - Catman on Sep 01 2009 05:36:59 PM
Next |
Page: of 2

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat