GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
It's sad really
It's sad really
Information
Sep 03 2009
03:46:31 AM
To all of you on this site.
First of all there are over 200,000 people who live in the Fargo-Moorhead area, so to think that anyone who would want to sell sugar glider products from this area is a liar, well that is a little far fetched and completely unfair. Second. When I introduced myself yesterday, I explained that I interpret sign language at my church. What I didn't add was the I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses. The reason I didn't add that is that it wasn't an appropriate time. Would I tell you all that and still lie about who I am? Think about it. Third, I said I am married.

This is me and my husband Christopher.
My name, my husbands name have been slandered by Eric, accusing me of fraud and identity theft. I asked that he retract what he said. I provided him with proof of my identity. This is supposed to be a fun site, not a soap opera or a place where people are maligned. According to the TOS he can remove anyone he wants from membership, that's fine. But, there are laws against slander and that is what has happened. I never did anything yesterday to deserve what he said about me. I offered my condolences and aske a few questions about sugar gliders.
Information
Sep 03 2009
04:02:14 AM
lisaollestad Starting Member Visit lisaollestad's Photo Album 0 Posts

I thought I would add this one of our wedding day, knowing how distrustful you all are. We were married outside on November 27, 2004. Yes that is snow on the ground.

This is the rest of the family. Both of my father-in-laws died last year. Clarence of Ollestad Syndrome and Mike took his own life a year ago saturday. Believe me or not, I've done all I can to clear my name.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 03 2009
04:49:12 AM
Ko Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Ko's Photo Album Australia 1168 Posts
For Eric to say anything like that, he would have to have compared your ip address to that of someone else who has been causing issues here and come up with a match. Eric does not confront people without actual proof.

You may a solid citizen and a nice family person (religion one way or the other has never bothered me) but obviously someone with your ip address has been causing mischief on here.
Information
Sep 03 2009
06:51:20 AM
Rita Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Rita's Photo Album Rita's Journal MO, USA 12214 Posts
Im very happy you have a higher power, but no one is judged one way or the other on their religious beliefs here. We are very accepting of all religions and cultures. No - this isnt said in a snotty hateful way - just a matter of fact.

Do you make glider items and sell them online?

Maybe this is all a coincidence, but like Ko said - IP addresses dont lie.

Edited by - Rita on Sep 03 2009 07:19:12 AM
Information
Sep 03 2009
09:09:51 AM
Catman Goose Catcher GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Catman's Photo Album CO, USA 2670 Posts
quote:
Chris and I will celebrate our 5th anniversary in November

quote:
What I didn't add was the I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses

I thought "Jehovah's Witnesses" didn't celebrate that kind of stuff?

And what did you witness anyhow?

Information
Sep 03 2009
09:15:19 AM
Catman Goose Catcher GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Catman's Photo Album CO, USA 2670 Posts
quote:
My name, my husbands name have been slandered by Eric, accusing me of fraud and identity theft.

When did he say your names?
Information
Sep 03 2009
09:17:44 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Rita

Im very happy you have a higher power,

The only higher power here is Kaz and Eric .

And what or who is "Clarence of Ollestad Syndrome "

Edited by - Catman on Sep 03 2009 09:19:46 AM
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 03 2009
09:26:42 AM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
OMG
Information
Sep 03 2009
09:30:11 AM
Mom2MandG Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Mom2MandG's Photo Album 766 Posts
Oh boy. Can open worms all over the place...
Information
Sep 03 2009
09:58:11 AM
quote:
quote:
clollestad Joey ND, USA 15 Posts
Sep 01 2009 : 04:01:58 PM

Thank you, good information to have. I feel like I need to be so protective of my babies, just like the kids!! So if I relax and just pay attention than it will be ok. Thanks again!

quote:
clollestad Joey ND, USA 15 Posts
Sep 01 2009 : 04:40:29 PM

I completely forgot to introduce myself earlier! I was so excited to look around, Sorry! My name is Lisa Ollestad. Chris and I will celebrate our 5th anniversary in November. We live in Fargo, ND. I was just recently introduced to the world of Sugar Gliders. They are so absolutely adorable! I am learning so very much. I don't have any suggies of my own, yet. I want to learn about them first and see if I would be right for them. I have many friends with Suggies though! Thank you for all of you help and encouragement!!

I am a homemaker, due to health concerns I can not work outside the home right now. I also am a sign language interpreter at my church. Most of my time is spent caring for my family, teaching bible students and learning how to sew sugar glider materials for myself and friends. Thats about it, not too exciting.

Hmmmm so which is it?

Information
Sep 03 2009
10:28:40 AM
suggieluvr Super Glider Visit suggieluvr's Photo Album suggieluvr's Journal USA 394 Posts
First off, I don't much care who you are. Eric did not slander you, get a degree in law prior to making accusations. Second, you said you don't have suggies, then said you did. Third, Eric can do what he wants to! This is his site, he takes a lot of time to protect the people on this chat from getting spam mail and fake people. I trust that if he has banned you (which he has) it is for the better. He is the owner of this site, and if he doesn't want you on here, then sorry! I am just being blunt, as this has already gone too far.
Information
Sep 03 2009
11:07:31 AM
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 03 2009
11:10:48 AM
Eric C Retired GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Eric C's Photo Album Eric C's Journal TX, USA 2321 Posts
For the record, I make my decisions based on concrete evidence, not conjecture. I go by IP address when linking identities.

The usernames "clollestad" and "suggiepup42" is the exact same person. The accounts have the same IP address, the same password, and were created at nearly the exact same time. In one identity this person claims to live in Colorado, and as the other identity claims to live in North Dakota. The stories posted by this person are elaborate. Please enjoy the posts (actually the only posts) made by suggiepup42 in this discussion .

I fully anticipate that this person will continue creating new accounts on this forum, and possibly elsewhere, so everyone please try to ignore the silliness. I apologize for this person's behavior and the disruption it's causing.

As an aside, I'd like to remind everyone that moderation powers are in the hands of all of you, the members. If a post is flagged by people where the total "star count" among them is greater than 12, then the offending post is removed from public view.

For example, if Rita and Kyro both flag a post, it disappears because between the two of them they have enough stars to be greater than 12. This is a voting system, and some people have more clout than others. The reason for this is that if you've been around here long enough to get that many posts, then I feel the opinion of those people should count more since they have more invested in the site.

If you flag a post with the intention of having it removed, then it might be a good idea to reply with a statement that you flagged the post. This gives people an indication that at least someone is offended, and also how many stars remaining are needed to get the post removed. A post like this could also be made anonymously, just remember to say how many stars you have.
Information
Sep 03 2009
03:46:36 PM
glider_mommy Face Hugger Visit glider_mommy's Photo Album AL, USA 931 Posts
OK I feel like I have no right to post on this thread since I haven't been around much... BUT I have a few minutes and since I was a part of the other threads linked to this conversation I felt I would throw my 2 cents in.

Nazi Camp??? ROFL I must say you have a flare for the dramatic. Eric is nothing if not fair. I have never seen him just ban someone for no reason. His actions are always well thought out and he investigates to obtain all the proof he needs before he acts.

Your life must be pretty miserable and sad if this is all you have to do with your time. Get a life!

Default, miscellaneous
Sep 03 2009
04:08:55 PM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
Yep, she had me fooled as clollestad. Crazy...on so many different levels. LOL Some of the other boards are dealing with her now too. I just don't get it.
Information
Sep 03 2009
04:37:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Eric Coleman

If a post is flagged by people where the total "star count" among them is greater than 12, then the offending post is removed from public view.

Can we flag it more than one time?

And should it be flagged even if your not offended and don't care if its removed but think it should be brought to the attention to you guys?
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 03 2009
05:21:32 PM
Eric C Retired GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Eric C's Photo Album Eric C's Journal TX, USA 2321 Posts
Catman, Yes and Yes.

You can definitely flag a post more than once, however, regarding the vote for removal, each individual only counts once towards that. This prevents someone from gaming the system with only one star.

And you can flag a post for any reason. Of course, I'm not a mind reader and I sometimes scratch my head when someone flags a post and the person flagging the post doesn't leave a comment. Sometimes it's obvious, but sometimes it's not. I know it says "spam and unappropriate posts only", but that was just the factory default message and I haven't ever gotten around to editing it to make it more friendly and open.

It's sad really

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
It's sad really