Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
CLIPPING Glider wings!
CLIPPING Glider wings!
Heated Debates
Oct 24 2010
06:16:57 PM
I was looking for listings of good quality cages and found this. O_O I've never heard of such stupidity! Who would CLIP their Sugar Glider's "wings"!

What IDIOT suggested doing that? And more importantly, what down right freaking RETARDED vet performed that operation?! >< just hearing this makes me so mad!

http://nashville.craigslist.org/pet/1981972333.html

quote:
I just met with the sweetest couple who adopted my 9 week old female glider. Before they came to me they met with a couple in Clarksville who had 2 gliders they were trying to rehome in a small cage. To my horror, they told me the gliders "wings" had been clipped!!! This is nothing short of absolute Glider cruelty. There is no reason to clip a gliders gliding membranes or wings as they are sometimes called. Please, please, please do not clip your gliders wings or support anyone who does. This is just a horrible, horrible thing! I don't want to even think how that could be done or why anyone would do it. These people should be reported. Please educate as many people as you can about this being cruel and unnecessary. This cannot be a trend that develops. People have to know this is wrong and outrageous.
Sincerely,
A concerned glider mommy
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 24 2010
06:27:17 PM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
This is the second time this has come up. Anyone know if this is the same CL poster that everyone was talking about a few weeks ago? If not, it's pretty horrifying that this is a 2nd one...
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 24 2010
07:19:16 PM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
Actually, it looks like the same ad. It's dated at the end of September.

http://www.sugarglider.com/glidergossip/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=29655
Heated Debates
Oct 24 2010
08:24:16 PM
DizzyPo Fuzzy Wuzzy Gliderpedia Editor USA 1241 Posts
*LIKE*

quote:
Originally posted by ohiorugrat

I'm sorry..I know I am fairly new here..but as a person who works with developmentally disabled adults, I ask you to please be more cautious with your use of the "r" word. In todays age it is considered as offensive as many other politically incorrect words. And yes, it is absolutely horrible someone would do this to a glider.

Default, miscellaneous
Oct 24 2010
08:28:21 PM
KuroNeko Fuzzy Wuzzy Gliderpedia Editor Visit KuroNeko's Photo Album USA 1617 Posts
Yup Kylah, it's the same exacted ad
Heated Debates
Oct 24 2010
11:52:17 PM
Essika Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Essika's Photo Album Essika's Journal ON, CA 581 Posts
quote:

I'm sorry..I know I am fairly new here..but as a person who works with developmentally disabled adults, I ask you to please be more cautious with your use of the "r" word. In todays age it is considered as offensive as many other politically incorrect words. And yes, it is absolutely horrible someone would do this to a glider.

To Retard is to slow or hinder. To be Retarded to be slow or hindered... Completely different then being mentally disabled or delayed. Completely different things...

Anyone who would clip a gliders' wings is slow, therefore retarded.
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 25 2010
01:58:56 AM
KristyvanErven Glider Visit KristyvanErven's Photo Album KristyvanErven's Journal MO, USA 140 Posts
Yes, I've seen this too. I can't believe someone would do this to a glider! Its so mean and cruel.
Heated Debates
Oct 25 2010
02:43:12 AM
KuroNeko Fuzzy Wuzzy Gliderpedia Editor Visit KuroNeko's Photo Album USA 1617 Posts
quote:

I think its pretty clear from the original post what they meant...this is not what I came to this forum for and as much as I appreciate the information and knowledge I have gained I will be deleting my account.

You're honestly going to let something like that drive you away? Look, you're on the internet, let alone a PUBLIC FORUM, you're going to see and read many things you don't like and that's just life. You don't like it? Fine then skip over it, but you can't expect someone to change because of something YOU don't like.
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 25 2010
12:44:59 PM
Farns Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Farns's Photo Album USA 842 Posts
KuroNeko, I agree with you. First drop the politically correct stuff, back up and read just what the thread is about. Deleting your account over this is silly, there is enough info on here to overlook things. Remember, if you do not like what is on the tv, radio, etc, change the channel or turn it off and come back later. If you do not want to deal with the offisive items, skip to another thread. Remember that we are here for gliders, if you do that and want to learn, I believe that you will learn a lot here.
Heated Debates
Oct 25 2010
12:59:51 PM
Kiwi-Fox Glider Visit Kiwi-Fox's Photo Album 126 Posts
My point in posting this topic was to inform others about the stupidity some owners are committing their pets to, not to see how much my post can be picked at for its "politically correctness".

I used the word retarded because it means mentally slow, and there's no reason why a mentally retarded person should be a medically licensed vet.

MEANING that they have no business practicing medicine for animals if they're so stupid they don't even know that mutilating an animal's skin is just plain inhumane and wrong.

I'm sorry you take offense to me using that word, but I can't help it if a black man takes offense to being called black, just because the PC term is "African American."

Now this topic has been turned into what's PC, and not the well being of sugar gliders.
Thank you.

Edited by - Kiwi-Fox on Oct 25 2010 01:23:29 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 25 2010
11:51:31 PM
Sugar Mama Face Hugger Visit Sugar Mama's Photo Album Sugar Mama's Journal FL, USA 603 Posts
Wow- I cannot believe that was done. I bet you an owner or "breeder" did this. I cannot see a vet doing this, although I am SURE there may be one out there who could have. Disgusting.
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 26 2010
09:19:09 AM
AngieH Face Hugger GliderMap Visit AngieH's Photo Album 934 Posts
WHAT!!!!!
I shouldn't be shocked but I am :(
CLIPPING Glider wings!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
CLIPPING Glider wings!