Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Polls, Votes & Questionnaires
POLL: Where did you get your sugar gliders?
Previous |
Page: of 2
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 14 2011
07:42:09 PM
misscarl Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit misscarl's Photo Album USA 1169 Posts
I rescued my first, Kush, from a lady whos brother had left her with him when he went overseas. She had no idea what to do with her and Kush was not bonded at all. I got Daisy soon after on craigslist from another family who knew very little it seemed about gliders. She was terrified of people and they had been feeding her just frozen veggies.

Boo and Sully I rehomed from a lady who did not have the time anymore to take care of them. They were soooo sweet from the first minute we saw them. Not scared at all and seemed as if they were already bonded to me and my man. They were already a mated pair and Boo was pregnant when we got them (though none of us knew yet!) She had Luna and Chloe and then soon after had Willow.

I have NO plans of getting anymore gliders. 7 seems like plenty to me....though my man seems to think otherwise... we will see what happens.
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 14 2011
10:07:38 PM
jakeelwood Super Glider Visit jakeelwood's Photo Album NJ, USA 396 Posts
Snow and Storm from a pet store in Brick, NJ.
Jake and Elwood are from a licensed breeder in Florida and I also want to say in the Tampa Area.
Research Information
Feb 15 2011
08:34:04 PM
JeremyLexie Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit JeremyLexie's Photo Album USA 1190 Posts
My first two are from Pocket pets. and I am getting 2 rehomes/rescues in a few weeks.
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 17 2011
04:16:40 PM
kelii Joey Visit kelii's Photo Album 25 Posts
I got my first glider from a small breeder in Orlando, Fl. My second glider, the leu, came from a breeder in Tampa.
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 17 2011
08:09:28 PM
alexx1389 Glider GliderMap Visit alexx1389's Photo Album Japan 73 Posts
We got our first three glider from the same pet store here in Okinawa, Japan.
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 16 2011
04:03:28 PM
jjmurph Face Hugger GliderMap Visit jjmurph's Photo Album USA 836 Posts
Got my 2 off of craigslist in Cincinnati, OH got both of them from a really nice lady for only 200$ she had had gliders since she was 17 and had to get rid of them cause she was moving into a trailer and didn't have room for the 6ft cage that came with the gliders
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 16 2011
06:25:06 PM
weetzielove23 Glider Visit weetzielove23's Photo Album 79 Posts
I found mine on craigslist. There aren't really any breeders by me so I figured it would be better anyways to give some a home that is better than where they are. Everyday that goes by I think of something else I want to buy them lol they are already so spoiled and I've only had them for 3 weeks lol
Research Information
Jun 16 2011
06:32:21 PM
YoungGun Face Hugger GliderMap Visit YoungGun's Photo Album LA, USA 526 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by giraffelady

We got Parker from a licensed breeder in Marrero Louisiana. We are currently on the waiting list for another one. Didn't know we should have gotten two! They are REALLY hard to find in Louisiana!

I got echo from the same person. Sugargliderexpress.com. I got bolt from someone on craigslist. Currently searching for a third, but like she said it's hard to find gliders in Louisiana.
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 22 2011
03:54:20 PM
prettyinpink5808 Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit prettyinpink5808's Photo Album 1223 Posts
i bought Bandit from a lady nearby, saw the ad on craigslist. He was alone for a little while when i decided to get another for him. When we found Mika she was in a home where the parents/kids just didnt have the time. She was in her cage all day/night. She was originally purchased from Pocket Pets and they fed her pellets....but now i have a happy family of Mika, Bandit, and their joey Boomer! :))
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 22 2011
04:57:57 PM
mysnuggles Glider Visit mysnuggles's Photo Album 62 Posts
I got my baby girl from ppp also,from kngston n.y. from the hudson valley mall in feb of 2011 she was 8wks old paid more then i should have but i would not trade her for nothing she's my third daughter i treat her just like my two daughters but she gets alot more my girls are 13,and 16 and they love her to.
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 22 2011
06:27:44 PM
dragonflycatcher Face Hugger Visit dragonflycatcher's Photo Album FL, USA 723 Posts
My first 2 pair (ruth and boaz)(mary and joe) came from thehomermomma a small home rescue on the west coast of florida. They were in super tiny cages and eating lunchmeat and peanuts when she got them.they will each be having a joey maybe two in the next month. And my wild gang(6 total) came from a friend of a friend of a friend who had gotten 3 originally and after uncontroled breeding one of the mommas was eaten by a hunting dog. They were living in filthy pouches eating body builder protien when I got them.
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 23 2011
01:24:50 PM
luvmybbyrollo Glider Visit luvmybbyrollo's Photo Album 165 Posts
after doing research for 2 years I finally decided to get one when i got a better job. once i got my better job I was at the mall when pocket pets were there. That is what jogged my memory of getting one. So I started lookig on craigslist when a lady from woodbrige virgnina could no longer keep her 1 year old. She was asking 175 and I took it. Wehn i got him he was in a hampster cage eating only pellets and was scared out of his mind. now he is spoild on the HPW diet and is in a 30x15x55 cage. I got my second glider from craigslist as well. I was looking for a companion for my female when someone who got her for his wife decieded that he just did not have time for her anymore. She was about 11 months old and was nto very good with people she was also on a pellet diet. now her and rollo are both spoild and only get the best
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 30 2011
12:47:58 PM
Farns Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Farns's Photo Album USA 842 Posts
Update, from my earlier posting, we already had 8 and have since rehomed three from am member of this forum who was trying to balance school, home, etc. and was looking for a good home for them. We drove from Virgina to Indiana an back in one day to get them and then home. Adding Ayeka, Ryoko and Sasami brings us up to 11.

Edited by - Farns on Jun 30 2011 12:49:16 PM
Research Information
Jul 28 2011
08:23:55 AM
ChocoLatte Starting Member 5 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Belinda

All of mine came from Jacksonville FL. I started out pet sitting for the first 2. After 3 months I had fell in love with them and the owner really couldn't take care of them so I kept them. They had a baby boy.

I got the 4th one from the same person that later wanted to try her hand at it again. More problems came up and I took that one in also.

The last 3 I almost bought. I saw them in the classified section and talked to the lady and she was having personal difficulties. She went back and forth about wanting to sell them because she loved them so much.

In the meantime the 4th glider didn't want to have anything to do with the other 3 so i have 4 gliders in 2 cages (I bought a bigger cage for the lone brat). The lady finally decided that she had to let her 3 go. I told her if I could get the lone one in with the other ones I would buy them from her. Well she came over and brought her gliders and loved how I had the room set up for my gliders and her gliders seemed to like me because they were all over me.

I told her I would take them but I wouldn't buy them.

They are still in 3 cages but a funny thing happened. 2 of her gliders decided they liked my first 3 and they moved in with them so now I have 1 each in 2 cages and 5 in the other one. They have free roam of the room but they all end up in their own cages in the morning.

Hi Belinda.

Do you live in Jacksonville? I've been looking for sugar glider pet owners in this area to have play dates & just exchange sugar glider knowledge with. I have two sugababes, Mr. Choco & Ms. Latte. They have each other, but I would like for them to make some new friends. If you do live in this area, I would love to meet you and your sugar gliders.

Also, if you live in Jacksonville, which vet do you use? I have a vet hospital that handles exotic animals, but when I took my babes in, the vet didn't seem very knowledgeable at all about sugar gliders.

-Kelly
Research Information
Jul 28 2011
08:27:00 AM
ChocoLatte Starting Member 5 Posts
BTW.

I got Mr. Choco in Lakeland from a breeder. Fell in love. When I went to St. Augustine for a larger cage, I ran into another breeder who was selling Ms. Latte.
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 28 2011
10:55:12 AM
hypnotist321 Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit hypnotist321's Photo Album hypnotist321's Journal 1742 Posts
Missouri - drove to Illinois to get them.

I had never even heard of a sugar glider when a friend mentioned her daughter had one. So I looked up a picture online. When I did my search several threads and adds came up as well and I noticed that one had a pair that were moved around from home to home, had never bonded etc. I felt bad for the little guys and called about them. Not only were they never bonded and moved alot - this owner had them for only 3 months before they were with OOP joeys and ready to find them a new home.

I was afraid these guys would go from place to place breeding for money or breeding for the owners and being sold. I wanted to put a stop to it and give them a forever home.
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 28 2011
11:26:04 AM
TazandEllie Face Hugger TazandEllie's Journal 467 Posts
I got Taz 1st off craiglist and once i found this site new i had to get him a mate. So went back on craiglist 2 mo's after i got Taz to see if anyone had another male but found a female instead. took Taz got neutered and now they are happy as can be. Got Taz from Beavercreek , Oh. Ellie from Centerville , Oh. kind of funny they are the same age. wonder if they were brother and sister! humm never know!
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 02 2011
04:35:55 PM
Manami Joey FL, USA 21 Posts
I live in Naples, FL and an exotic pet store here (www.amazingpets.biz/index2.html) breeds them. While waiting for the new joeys my friend had found a "breeder" in Cape Coral, 45 minutes away. I met with this "breeder" to pick up my new little girl. He rolled up in a beat-up silver van, and his clothes looked like they'd gotten into a fight with his washing machine. He then handed me a list of of foods to feed her and instructions on how to take care of her (I soon learned he obviously knew nothing about suggies), and then proceeded to tell me how I got lucky because she's the only one he had. Where he got her I've no idea, and who her parents are will be forever a mystery. And THEN he pulled my little girl out of a plastic box that you would keep a small frog in. I took her right then and there and named her Belldandy.

My second suggie, Penelo, I got from the exotic pet store. I got her to keep Bell company because I was working a lot at the time. There were two suggies at the store just OOP and they were taking down payments. One joey was quiet and sooo gentle, the other loud and obnoxious and vicious. I put a down payment on the gentle one. Well, when they were finally ready to go, someone else that had put a down payment on a joey had come in an hour before me and taken the suggie I'd wanted. Which means I was stuck with the not-so-nice one. And she wasn't very nice for a good long while. Now she's sweet as pie and just wants to be loved, and with the same snippy attitude as her sugar momma. :)
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 21 2011
07:07:40 PM
Leenie Glider Visit Leenie's Photo Album 69 Posts
My first 2 came from craigslist in Chicago il, the 3rd is their joey and my 4 also is a craigslist rehome. From Chicago.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 21 2011
09:28:27 PM
BlackDrappa Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BlackDrappa's Photo Album BlackDrappa's Journal NY, USA 1876 Posts
My 14 month old neutered male we purchased from a friend and my female is from a local pet store, Honey Hill, that sells joeys from local small breeders. I think that's where m male was purchased too they're in Lancaster, NY in the Eastern Hills Mall
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 21 2011
10:09:04 PM
RChurch Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit RChurch's Photo Album RChurch's Journal USA 1377 Posts
From my boss' son. He's in college & works a lot, so asked if I would like to adopt him. He is, and I am so grateful we did!
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 08 2011
02:23:38 PM
carafernicola Joey Gliderpedia Editor Visit carafernicola's Photo Album 43 Posts
We got Chloe from a breeder in Long Island.
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 10 2011
12:29:43 PM
victoriarose1982 Glider Visit victoriarose1982's Photo Album WA, USA 94 Posts
I got my first 6 from a friend who wanted to breed and did not know how to take care of glider. We did not catch the parents on time and they got pregnant again on our watch. :/ so theres 8 from West Seattle. Then we drove to Portland OR to pick up a rehome Damiana. About 7 months later we went back up in to OR and picked up Zoey. Now in 2 weeks we get Sammy in Seattle. :)
Previous |
Page: of 2

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Polls, Votes & Questionnaires