Sugar Gliders
NEW!!!! HPW PLUS & HPW COMPLETE
Next |
Page: of 5
Food, Diet
Feb 27 2011
05:20:10 PM
Here is what we have all been wairing for!!! HPW made simple!!! Read all about these two new versions of HPW.

http://www.hpwplus.com/default.htm
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 27 2011
05:36:38 PM
angelmom Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit angelmom's Photo Album USA 2002 Posts
Thanks for posting!
Food, Diet
Feb 27 2011
05:46:18 PM
sbear3s Face Hugger Visit sbear3s's Photo Album 745 Posts
Have you used it yet?

Edited by - sbear3s on Feb 27 2011 05:49:00 PM
Food, Diet
Feb 27 2011
05:50:55 PM
kazko Little Bunny FooFoo GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kazko's Photo Album kazko's Journal TX, USA 6747 Posts
Being made in America, it seems to me that a reference to Wombaroo in the name of this would be a trademark issue.
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 27 2011
05:58:00 PM
KuroNeko Fuzzy Wuzzy Gliderpedia Editor Visit KuroNeko's Photo Album USA 1617 Posts
Hmm, I think I would like the australians opinions first =|
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 27 2011
06:07:44 PM
Skeeter Face Hugger Visit Skeeter's Photo Album Florida 425 Posts
It is awesome stuff, my babies love it - they look awesome and are very healthy.They have been eating it for a couple of months. I look forward to buying the HPW Complete next time I go to visit Peggy.I am kinda surprised that people are more concerned about the name than what it is made of, how much you feed etc. This product will take the guess work out of ratios etc.I love the way it smells and my gliders have no odor whatsoever!! I say give it a try-- your gliders will be happy you did!!!
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 27 2011
06:20:09 PM
KuroNeko Fuzzy Wuzzy Gliderpedia Editor Visit KuroNeko's Photo Album USA 1617 Posts
There was only one comment about the name and that's just Kazko being Kazko.

My concern wasn't with the name at all, it was about the contents and the sudden change of contents. How is it that she went from using pee pollen to using none, etc? I'm sure these answer could all be answered by her, herself, but because this is still fairly new and still on a trial basis, of course I am going to be skeptical before switching to this version. As I said, I would like the Australians opinions on this newer version =|

Edited by - KuroNeko on Feb 27 2011 06:21:03 PM
Food, Diet
Feb 27 2011
06:37:46 PM
vhenke Glider Visit vhenke's Photo Album 106 Posts
o I am liking just add water and superfood green juice ^_^
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 27 2011
06:40:17 PM
I dont know anyone here so I have no idea who Kazko is or anyone else for that matter. I just found that to be a odd concern. There is a link to contact the person that made the diet, she would know better than anyone about the changes. I like to get the facts from the source and not opinions of others on most all matters when I can.My gliders have always been on the HPW diet and have done great but I did notice that their fur became beautiful and much thicker on the HPW Plus.
Food, Diet
Feb 27 2011
06:51:02 PM
Rita Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Rita's Photo Album Rita's Journal MO, USA 12214 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sbear3s</i>
<br />Have you used it yet?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

This was not a sudden change. Peggy has been working on this for a couple of years. Along with herself, several others have been using these two versions. Dont let anyone ever tell you there are no kept secrets in the glider community!

I have been using *my* version of the HPW Plus recipe even before I knew about Peggy's . The only difference is Peggy is using 1 1/2 cups of honey and I have been using 1 cup of honey plus calcium citrate and cold pressed flax seed oil. My gliders LOVE it!

Yes, I do intend to try the HPW Complete. What a great idea for traveling with your gliders!!! And....no more guessing about CA:PH ratios!!!
Food, Diet
Feb 27 2011
06:56:25 PM
Eric C Retired GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Eric C's Photo Album Eric C's Journal TX, USA 2321 Posts
In the Gliderpedia there is a scan of packaging of the Wombaroo High Protein Supplment, see Wombaroo High Protein Supplement .

This other stuff has a different list of ingredients.

This HPWPlus stuff has glass in it. Silicon dioxide is glass. Glass has no nutritional value.

I'm not saying that glass isn't yummy. I mean, who doesn't love eating glass?

No one should be thinking this is the same stuff as the Wombaroo product. This is a substitute for a substitute for a substitute. Really.

I personally think LuckyGlider had the right idea . This stuff is just a mixture of whey protein and soy protein with some vitamins thrown in. You can get this for much cheaper prices at a grocery store.

And for anyone thinking about "balanced" this or "balanced" that should be willing and ready to explain to everyone why a bat has the same digestive system as a sugar glider.

I know the silicon dioxide isn't life threatening, but it's unexpected. And realistically, this diet stuff is just so far removed from what a glider eats in the wild that any discussion that one substitute is far superior to a nutritionally equivalent, cheaper substitute is just downright silly.
Food, Diet
Feb 27 2011
07:15:30 PM
Rita Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Rita's Photo Album Rita's Journal MO, USA 12214 Posts
I am only a messenger. Please address Peggy with any questions you may have regarding these new versions of HPW.
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 27 2011
07:17:16 PM
Silicon dioxide is the most abundant mineral in the Earth's crust, and it is found across the world in various forms. Because of its abundance, it has been used in a number of different applications and is a prized mineral.

glass is superheated and pressurized silicon dioxide.
Silica gel made from silicon dioxide is a food additive that helps in absorbing water

Default, miscellaneous
Feb 27 2011
07:18:27 PM
I agree clink on the contact link and ask Peggy
Food, Diet
Feb 27 2011
07:20:27 PM
waterburyk9 Super Glider Visit waterburyk9's Photo Album 297 Posts
So after sending an e-mail to Rita (original post was from her)
She is not the creator of this new product she has informed me.

Amended part- If you didn't want to be the messenger you should have asked Peggy to post it herself- that way she would be aware of the conversation and could react and give info- you might want to inform her that this discussion is taking place.

this contains ARTIFICIAL flavors = in my mind that equals chemicals- I will not even try it. We try so hard to keep pesticides and artificial things from our babies why would anyone want a food with artificial anything in it?

it the creator of this "new formula" would like to explain why they felt the need to add artificial things to the mix- I will amend my post.

I'm not trying to start anything- just pointing out the ingredients list

Kazko is correct, it can be a infringement issue with using the same name- it should be discussed with a patent attorney to ensure that patents and trademarks are not infringed on

Edited by - waterburyk9 on Feb 27 2011 07:27:31 PM
Food, Diet
Feb 27 2011
07:21:09 PM
shadow Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit shadow's Photo Album MO, USA 2332 Posts
i do think it would be useful to anyone who travels with their gliders but im sticking to the LGRS diet, i enjoy making it. ill go read more about this anyway.
O.O really?!? there are artificial flavors in it? i have always been told to avoid them.

Edited by - shadow on Feb 27 2011 07:23:20 PM
Food, Diet
Feb 27 2011
07:26:49 PM
I have asked Peggy to explain exactly what silicon dioxide is and what purpose it has in the recipe. Will let you all know her response.

Questions and comments are good.... Keep them coming.
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 27 2011
07:27:18 PM
aerglider Super Glider Visit aerglider's Photo Album USA 354 Posts
I'm more than a little lost and confused.

Who (or where is it) said that "a bat has the same digestive system as a sugar glider"?????

I think debate is fantastic but attacks without reason are pointless.
Food, Diet
Feb 27 2011
07:28:49 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Skeeter</i>
<br />I dont know anyone here so I have no idea who Kazko is or anyone else for that matter. I just found that to be a odd concern. There is a link to contact the person that made the diet, she would know better than anyone about the changes. I like to get the facts from the source and not opinions of others on most all matters when I can.My gliders have always been on the HPW diet and have done great but I did notice that their fur became beautiful and much thicker on the HPW Plus.

Kazko is one of the two mods on this site. Eric C is the second mod.

As far as me contacting the Australian's I would trust their advice and opinions over Peggy's, no offense. They are researchers in Australia that work first hand with the wild gliders and would know the nutritional needs a lot better.
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 27 2011
07:28:51 PM
shadow Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit shadow's Photo Album MO, USA 2332 Posts
is there any chance that this will someday be on the store shelf next to the glider pellets? this has to be better then people picking up the pellets. it could save many gliders lives.
Food, Diet
Feb 27 2011
07:37:55 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by waterburyk9</i>
<br />So after sending an e-mail to Rita (original post was from her)
She is not the creator of this new product she has informed me.

Amended part- If you didn't want to be the messenger you should have asked Peggy to post it herself- that way she would be aware of the conversation and could react and give info- you might want to inform her that this discussion is taking place.

this contains ARTIFICIAL flavors = in my mind that equals chemicals- I will not even try it. We try so hard to keep pesticides and artificial things from our babies why would anyone want a food with artificial anything in it?

it the creator of this "new formula" would like to explain why they felt the need to add artificial things to the mix- I will amend my post.

I'm not trying to start anything- just pointing out the ingredients list

Kazko is correct, it can be a infringement issue with using the same name- it should be discussed with a patent attorney to ensure that patents and trademarks are not infringed on

Monica, as I have stated before - ask Peggy any questions or concerns you may have regarding the new HPW recipes. I gave you the link. But since you insist on contacting me...I have taken it upon myself to ask her for you. As soon as she replies, I will post that answer out here in the forum.
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 27 2011
07:42:40 PM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
...and Peggy doesn't post here. Nothing wrong with Rita being a "messenger".
Food, Diet
Feb 27 2011
07:46:36 PM
Ahhhhh...Diet Debates! You know, you are all entitled to your questions, concerns, opinions, etc. on any diet we discuss here. No Problem.

But....please, lets not get personal about it. That is not necessary.

Default, miscellaneous
Feb 27 2011
07:48:58 PM
If i e-mail Peggy I get the response not this post- doesn't help everyone else.

you should get her to join and take part- she has a huge investment in a new formula - both time and money- She should be aware of what is being said about her product.

Monika
Food, Diet
Feb 27 2011
07:50:13 PM
DizzyPo Fuzzy Wuzzy Gliderpedia Editor USA 1241 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by waterburyk9</i>
<br />If i e-mail Peggy I get the response not this post- doesn't help everyone else.

you should get her to join and take part- she has a huge investment in a new formula - both time and money- She should be aware of what is being said about her product.

Monika

I agree with what Monika said.
Food, Diet
Feb 27 2011
07:52:31 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DizzyPo</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by waterburyk9</i>
<br />If i e-mail Peggy I get the response not this post- doesn't help everyone else.

Monika

I agree with what Monika said.
same here. it would be much easier for her to just answer questions on both GG and on GC instead of answering the same emails over and over again.
Food, Diet
Feb 27 2011
07:53:17 PM

Monika

She is being made aware...
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 27 2011
07:57:20 PM
Thank you
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 27 2011
07:57:27 PM
kazko Little Bunny FooFoo GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kazko's Photo Album kazko's Journal TX, USA 6747 Posts
If memory serves, I believe that Wombaroo was originally developed as a milk replacer for flying foxes. It was zoo and other wildlife folk who began to use it for possums?
Food, Diet
Feb 27 2011
08:03:53 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kazko</i>
<br />If memory serves, I believe that Wombaroo was originally developed as a milk replacer for flying foxes. It was zoo and other wildlife folk who began to use it for possums?

This sounds like a Ko question...
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 27 2011
08:04:53 PM
Ko Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Ko's Photo Album Australia 1168 Posts
I personally think Peggy should have called it something totally different to HPW as everyone associates this with Wombaroo High Protein supplement and it's going to cause a whole lot of confusion but then this might be the intention.

I'm led to believe this is a totally new powder (correct me if I am wrong)that has been developed and not the one that has been fed in australian wildlife for the past twenty years.

Whilst everyone is free to develop their own diets and even powders, I find it more than a little disappointing that Peggy is using the reputation of the Wombaroo powder to sell her own totally unrelated product. She should have definitely given it a name that is different from the one everyone knows.

If I was a glider owner looking at a new powder, I would be asking the hard questions including importantly where the ingredients are sourced. Just because something is made in US doesn't mean the ingredients are local. Hopefully inferior, cheaper costing asian ingredients haven't been sourced as some companies tend to do for a higher profit margin.

I'm also surprised at the cost that has been set. Hey as an Australian I can buy a 5kg bag of wombaroo HPS here for $65. I would have thought that the Americans should have been able to buy a locally made similar product for a similar price over there.
Next |
Page: of 5

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders