Do your gliders keep you up at night?

Choices:

no ,im a heavy sleeper
no, and im a light sleeper
yes im a light sleeper
yes, and im a heavy sleeper
sometimes
no, but i have thin walls and it keeps others up
they would but i have something to tune them out (comment)
always
never

Edited by - monkeysandsugargliders on Feb 11 2012 10:53:44 AM
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 11 2012
10:56:16 AM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
Never...their room is on another level of the house. :)
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 11 2012
11:19:39 AM
xxashleighannxx Face Hugger Visit xxashleighannxx's Photo Album 444 Posts
Often. But its because their wheel is soo loud
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 11 2012
11:34:01 AM
chewysmom Glider Visit chewysmom's Photo Album 65 Posts
my gliders rarely keep me up. I have their cage right next to my bed and yes I am a light sleeper. Occasionally they will make a few sounds but I just sing to them for a minute and then all is quiet. Maybe they think my singing sucks!!!! (and oh yes it does suck.
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 11 2012
01:00:25 PM
prettyinpink5808 Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit prettyinpink5808's Photo Album 1223 Posts
only when they start barking like last night xD
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 11 2012
01:29:41 PM
Paislee Glider GliderMap Visit Paislee's Photo Album NL, CA 131 Posts
They used to keep me up when I first got them but now I find it comforting to hear them playing at night. If I wake up I just listen to them and fall right back to sleep :)
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 11 2012
02:33:04 PM
Cora1 Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Cora1's Photo Album TX, USA 935 Posts
Yea what Kyro said!
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 12 2012
08:57:26 AM
monkeysandsugargliders Joey 46 Posts
Thanks.
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 12 2012
09:59:50 PM
Dd Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Dd's Photo Album USA 1135 Posts
Always
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 13 2012
02:50:33 AM
fox0r Face Hugger Gliderpedia Editor Visit fox0r's Photo Album USA 496 Posts
My guys are in their own room. XD I can hear them barking at night sometimes, but it is very faint.
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 13 2012
01:03:46 PM
Farns Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Farns's Photo Album USA 842 Posts
They never keep us up. I have been woke up by a couple of them fighting and by the time I walk downstairs, they are done, no blood or bodies so back to bed and that is very rare. xxashleighannxx, if you have a Wodent Wheel, there is something you can do to quiet it down a bit and not be harmful. Every so often, I take the wheels apart to clean and lay the parts out on paper towel. after cleaning, put a little vegetable, sunflower, canola oil, etc. on the brass bearing surfaces and wipe off the excess when you reassemble the wheel. Should help, not toxic to the gliders either.
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 15 2012
12:08:39 AM
karensink Face Hugger GliderMap Visit karensink's Photo Album 802 Posts
they never keep me up, i work third shift, so we are on the same time schedule. sometimes during the day, one will bark (2 cages in my bedroom), but i just go back to sleep
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 24 2012
11:28:05 PM
arianaabc123 Joey Visit arianaabc123's Photo Album arianaabc123's Journal USA 23 Posts
The first night I was having a dream then suddenly in the dream my mom gives me a happy chihuahua I had this dream a lot since my suggies but eventually they went downstairs and out of my room
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 24 2012
11:52:31 PM
valkyriemome Goofy Gorillatoes Visit valkyriemome's Photo Album USA 3479 Posts
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 16 2012
01:52:53 AM
Alybear Glider Visit Alybear's Photo Album Alybear's Journal USA 110 Posts
Most of the time. My glider likes to keep me up I think. He manages to find every way possible to make noise. He runs on his wheel, He Drink water (The bottle is loud), He barks,He plays with his bell toys, and he even taps his mirror lol
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 16 2012
03:21:24 AM
baby.girl Face Hugger Visit baby.girl's Photo Album USA 544 Posts
Mine only keeps me up when there in a bad mood but I just get in play with them.also my boyfriend works 3rd shift so own up til noting now and everything is great
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 30 2012
05:18:15 AM
emikocarrmen Glider Malaysia 54 Posts
Mine woke me up by barking and till I went to them, they quiet down. They start barking again when I went back to my bed.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 10 2012
11:24:05 PM
Bella2012 Glider Visit Bella2012's Photo Album 169 Posts
Mine are in my daughters room. If Bella barks.....my daugher talks to her nd she stops. Lol
The wheel was the only thing keeping her up before but now it doesn't squeeker...so she's okay.

Default, miscellaneous
Oct 03 2012
08:34:11 PM
iluvmysuggies Glider Visit iluvmysuggies's Photo Album USA 79 Posts
I have gotten used to it LOL
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 23 2012
08:49:32 AM
RaverBob Glider GliderMap Visit RaverBob's Photo Album RaverBob's Journal Canada 92 Posts
I actually have mine "day-trained". Not sure if anyone else has ever tried this, but since mine are in a differnet room of the apartment I can do it. Basically, I cover them in the day and at night they have a light on, so their sleeping schedule is reversed. I feed them in the morning and we have play time when I get home from work, and then they're ready for bed. :)
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 02 2013
01:21:36 AM
kendra34 Joey GliderMap Visit kendra34's Photo Album FL, USA 14 Posts
It's always the barking that gets me, my little spoiled brat will not go to bed unless I rock him!
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 02 2013
06:47:17 PM
viciousencounters Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit viciousencounters's Photo Album viciousencounters's Journal NM, USA 2907 Posts
It depends if a barking tournament was scheduled for that night without my knowledge.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 02 2013
10:50:28 PM
bschuettler Face Hugger Visit bschuettler's Photo Album bschuettler's Journal USA 406 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by viciousencounters

It depends if a barking tournament was scheduled for that night without my knowledge.

Hahaha agree!!!!
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 12 2013
08:43:29 AM
mingsmom Face Hugger Visit mingsmom's Photo Album USA 511 Posts
Since i got my new baby in January, she was mostly pretty quiet. Our quarantine was up on the 10th of Feb so I did a pouch swap and moved their cages beside each other about 6 inches apart. Sat night I kept hearing barking and I kept going to the living room and talking to Ming asking her what's up, Ming-pop? She just cocked that head and gave me a look. So last night, I'm up late since I finally am off work(I work every Sat,Sun and Mon)and sitting in the dark watching them play in their cages and then starts this throaty little bark- hmm sounded strange. I went to Ming's cage but she was eating some fruit then I heard it again! It was Maxine-lol I had read about ways to tell your suggies apart and this is definitly one- their barks' are very different! Ming's is high and girly and Maxine's is more chirip-py LOL Doing bathroom intro today and am So Excited!
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 24 2013
11:41:50 AM
Glidermom123 Joey Visit Glidermom123's Photo Album 30 Posts
No, never. My little guy Zipper (I only have 1 I'll probally get him a friend soon) I know they are nocturnal but, my little Zipper isn't I even stayed awake all night to see if he was awake, he wasn't. He is only awake early in the morning, and the day. Is something wrong or is he just special?
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 24 2013
11:59:44 AM
ILoveLucy Glider Visit ILoveLucy's Photo Album MD, USA 146 Posts
Nope... They have their own room and we're on different levels of the house. They do keep me up at night, but that's voluntary on my end
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 18 2013
05:29:21 PM
13_13 Glider Visit 13_13's Photo Album 56 Posts
Macie's cage is in my room and usually she wakes me up but on nights I'm really tiers I ask her to be quiet (really tired like barley holding on to my sanity tired) and I definitely notice a difference in the amount of noise she makes sooooooo cute!!!!!! She actually ends up waking my mom up more than me and shes down the hall
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 17 2013
10:24:50 AM
sugargldr Glider Visit sugargldr's Photo Album 61 Posts
The little guys are fun to watch when they're playing at night but no, they do not keep me up. I gave them a room all to themselves on the opposite side of the house from the bedrooms in anticipation of the possibility.
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 17 2013
02:58:17 PM
shannonlcorum Face Hugger Visit shannonlcorum's Photo Album 538 Posts
Nope. They are in my son's room. LOL
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 17 2013
05:11:23 PM
sunglider Face Hugger Visit sunglider's Photo Album 669 Posts
Nope they are in my son's room. Occasionally I hear a bark and then I smile because its so very cute. Then I go right back to sleep.
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 17 2013
08:17:08 PM
ohiogal13 Glider Visit ohiogal13's Photo Album 169 Posts
I keep them in my bedroom, and they are very loud! Vinnie's new thing is if I turn the space heater in my room off he barks until I turn it back on even if it feels like 100 degrees in there! (the heater is nowhere near the cage and is not pointed towards the cage either).

Honestly I wouldn't feel comfortable keeping them in another room because they are master escapees and I like knowing if they get out they will most likely wake me up, or at least be contained in my 90% glider-safe room.

I think their barking is adorable, even at 3am! And hearing all their little chittering throughout the night. They are my babies and being awake is worth it to see them awake and get to know them
gliders keeping you up
Next |
Page: of 2

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Polls, Votes & Questionnaires
gliders keeping you up