Glider Stories
Nicknames for your glider(s)?
Next |
Page: of 3
Funny
Feb 18 2009
06:31:26 PM
Do you ever give nicknames to your gliders? I have two males, Tristan and Stormy. I sometimes call Tristan "Tris" or "Trissy". Stormy was bought later, and since he was younger than Tristan I'd refer to them as "Tristan and the baby". (In my mind, they're considered step-brothers. ) Occasionally I call either of them honey or "brat" depending on the situation. Anyone else want to share?
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 18 2009
10:14:08 PM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
I just call them "babies" when I'm addressing them all. Nothin' fancy. LOL My husband on the other hand, calls Daddy "Henry Winkler" or "Mr. Shnoz"-nice,right? He calls Skitzi "Skitzi Witzi", Kiki is "Kiki Wiki", Zoom is "Junior" or "Mister" and he actually calls Maddox and Shiloh by their names.
Funny
Feb 18 2009
11:04:30 PM
Rita Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Rita's Photo Album Rita's Journal MO, USA 12214 Posts
Weasel is Miss Weazy. Matilda is Tilly. Tosca is Tosca Wosca.

And since we can no longer call Benji "Pepe LePew" since his neuter, we call him our sweet little Benji Wenji Boy.

I also call them my babies when talking to all of them. And in the evening when I put there food bowls down, I always say "Who's hungry? Where are my hungy, hungry hippos?"
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 19 2009
03:34:30 AM
Britt_marie19 Face Hugger Visit Britt_marie19's Photo Album USA 537 Posts
Pogo's nickname is Podo... lol
Mini's nickname is Minpin.... I dont know why i do that lol
Funny
Feb 21 2009
08:02:11 AM
Pieinthesky Joey GliderMap 12 Posts
I always call our Izzy, buzz buzz because the way she buzzes around the cage. Our son calls her airplane, dad calls her the bug & our grandkids come over running to the cage to see "hammy". She does get called Izzy by her owner, my daughter & when we have her out playing. Guess these are just our little terms of endearment like when you call someone "hun" or "sweetie". What fun!
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 21 2009
09:56:36 AM
Belinda Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Belinda's Photo Album FL, USA 944 Posts
I call Kiki, Kiki Dee.
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 21 2009
11:45:51 AM
valkyriemome Goofy Gorillatoes Visit valkyriemome's Photo Album USA 3479 Posts
They are collectively "the babies" or on occasion "My flying monkeys" or "the monkeys." When I go into their room to feed them, it is "Hi, Babies!" Sometimes it is "flying rats" or "monsters."

Individually - Snarf is Snarfer. Razzle is Razzle Dazzle. Boomerang is Boomer. Phoebe is Phoeb. I think that's it. ...
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 21 2009
02:06:52 PM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
I didn't know you have a Boomerang! I have a Zoomerang :)
Funny
Feb 21 2009
02:10:51 PM
mtb Face Hugger Visit mtb's Photo Album USA 950 Posts
Daisy is Crabby Patti. She crabs a lot but doesn't bite. If you look in their pouch, she crabs, When they're in your shirt and your peek, she crabs. When there together and Sugar gives kisses, she crabs. She is so funny.
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 21 2009
03:27:24 PM
Radar Glider 89 Posts
The Squirrels.
Funny
Feb 21 2009
03:33:13 PM
Radar Glider 89 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by mtb

Crabby Patti.

Nice. That may be the perfect name for our female. She is very crabby, much like you described. I was thinking of going with Sandy [Sandy Cheeks], but she crabbed when I recommended it. One of our cats is named Gary, after the snail of course. Ohgod, Spongebob is taking over my world. :shakes fist at 9 yr old son:
Funny
Feb 21 2009
03:59:57 PM
mtb Face Hugger Visit mtb's Photo Album USA 950 Posts
but she crabbed when I recommended it
quote:

That's funny
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 21 2009
04:39:37 PM
BabyGirl Face Hugger Visit BabyGirl's Photo Album BabyGirl's Journal USA 576 Posts
BabyGirl is Bebe, sweetie pie, sweetheart, little bat ears, grumpy girl. Sunshine has been Sunny Sunshine, Sunny, little girl, then we usually sing the sunshine song to her :o)
No telling what we'll come up with once they are in one cage... lol
Funny
Feb 21 2009
05:47:32 PM
snusie Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit snusie's Photo Album snusie's Journal USA 2962 Posts
Shikoni is Little Guy or Sweetheart. Washi is Little Love or (also) Sweetheart. Kioko is either Honey Boy or Crab Bucket.
Funny
Feb 21 2009
07:11:10 PM
My friend from California calls them "the weird little bat things".

I don't think I have seen anyone from California on here. I guess Gliders are known by the state of California to cause Cancer.

Have you ever noticed all those warning labels that tell you that California is just paranoid?
Funny
Feb 21 2009
07:12:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by mtb

but she crabbed when I recommended it
quote:

That's funny

That is very funny!!!
Funny
Feb 23 2009
01:08:55 PM
GoddessKitty Super Glider Visit GoddessKitty's Photo Album USA 215 Posts
Lets see....Jester's nickname is "Boo" and "Jessy", Honey's would be "Hon", "Evil Woman", and "Big Momma". Knik and Knak don't have nicknames yet (unless you say calling Knik the devil on occasion is a nickname, he's not very nice).
Funny
Feb 25 2009
06:22:04 PM
Todd120 Glider GliderMap 89 Posts
Mine are named Rocky and Jasmine. We call them Rock and Jazz. Or, Rocky and Jazzy.
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 25 2009
11:55:45 PM
BethanyJ Joey Visit BethanyJ's Photo Album IA, USA 42 Posts
Baby's nickname is Monkey or Bunny by my 2 year olds. They constantly go to her cage to see the Monkey lol
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 26 2009
08:56:57 AM
sugarnanny Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit sugarnanny's Photo Album 1000 Posts
when I pick up Dolly I call her Two Ton Tilly because she is too fat and her mate Ty (Typhoon) I sometimes call him my "little lizard boy" because his neck is long and thick and when he stretches his little head forward it reminds me of the shape of a lizrds head
Funny
Feb 26 2009
06:16:17 PM
streetdoc Glider Visit streetdoc's Photo Album USA 93 Posts
Well, let's see. My husband started out calling them the "devil bats" cause he said they looked liked bats a bit and we nocturnal and because of the biting in the beginning. He's gotten over that and calls them rats now, but in a loving way. I started with Tom & Jerry who go by their names. I then got Lilo and Stitch. Lilo goes by her name but Stitch......is Stitch the B*@ch, cause she's VERY crabby and always has been. I've recently had to remove her from the big group because of serious fighting with Lilo causing injury to both. Hence her name, but only lovingly of course . Lilo's daughter Tinkerbell is "Tink". We recently took in Vienna (cause one of his previous owners was feeding him vienna sausages), Bryce, and two girls that my son has named Peach and Flower. My husband started calling Vienna "Big V" and it's now shortened to "V". Peach is "Peach" cause she's a little crabby too, but she's new so I'm hoping she'll grow out of it...Those are my guys.
Funny
Mar 02 2009
06:40:27 PM
tisha Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit tisha's Photo Album tisha's Journal OK, USA 2081 Posts
I have Jersey, Kiwi, and Ziggy.

Jersey turns into:
Jers, widdle girl, babykins, Jersey-wersey

Kiwi turns into:
Keekee, Kiwiz, Keebler, Kizzle-Wizzle

Ziggy turns into:
Zigster, Ziggums, Zig-Zig, Zigger-wigger
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 02 2009
07:20:42 PM
valkyriemome Goofy Gorillatoes Visit valkyriemome's Photo Album USA 3479 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Belinda

I don't think I have seen anyone from California on here. I guess Gliders are known by the state of California to cause Cancer.

That totally cracked me up!

People on here from California might not admit it, since they are illegal there!

Because they cause cancer, of course.

quote:
Originally posted by streetdoc

Well, let's see. My husband started out calling them the "devil bats" cause he said they looked liked bats a bit and we nocturnal and because of the biting in the beginning.

I love that! Little Devil Bats!

Default, miscellaneous
Mar 03 2009
09:56:35 PM
dragonracer Glider Visit dragonracer's Photo Album USA 142 Posts
I have Phantom, Christine and Draco (my "little guy"). I just obtained two more, which I affectionatly call "The Girls". I had names picked out, until I saw them. So, I've got "The Kids" and "The Girls". When I get them all merged, we'll probably call them "The Crew"? Time will tell for that one.
Funny
Mar 04 2009
01:10:10 PM
HappyFLCampers Joey Visit HappyFLCampers's Photo Album 48 Posts
We call ours the monsters! LOL
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 11 2009
12:04:30 AM
vanillabean Joey AZ, USA 45 Posts
Mac is sweety pie because he never crabs, bites or anything and he doesnt run hes really slow and mellow. Macy is spaz or crazy little annoying glider lol i do love her tho shes so cute she will run across my room and then run back when i call (sometimes) lol its so cute tho cuz she sticks her tail straight up. The new ones now names abby and so far there isnt any nicknames for her besides crabby cuz thats all she ever does lol
Funny
Mar 14 2009
01:30:19 AM
glider_mommy Face Hugger Visit glider_mommy's Photo Album AL, USA 931 Posts
I call SHana CHUNKY MUNKY and Shelby lil stinker cause she is the more challenging one of the 2. Shelby also has this funny habbit of stealing food from Shana and it just cracks me up to watch so I will say.. why you LIL STINKER...lol
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 14 2009
04:06:31 PM
guitargeek01 Face Hugger GliderMap Visit guitargeek01's Photo Album guitargeek01's Journal IL, USA 718 Posts
sasha is always called sahshimi (after i found out the presidents daughter was named sasha, i changed her name a little so its not weird). and rockets usually called roro or riki-tiki.
Funny
Mar 31 2009
11:52:36 AM
devan Starting Member 9 Posts
Smokey is called Smoke or Smokester
So far the new baby girl, Violet is called
Baby Girl or Villy. She's such a sweet heart!
I truly feel I'm blessed to have such
calm and cuddly snuggle bugs!
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 05 2009
08:15:36 PM
Bri Glider Visit Bri's Photo Album 133 Posts
I now have four gliders.. Suga Buga, Nunuke, Jazzy and Pirouette..
Suga is actually an adaptation from her original name Sugar.. that turned to Bugger that was merged into Suga Buga and is now sometimes called Suga or Sugs and recently little meanie.. Nunuke is generally just Nunuke or Nook.. And the other two do not have nick names from me.. my sister calls Jazzy her little buddy and Pirouette 'Miss Crabby Patti' (yes, spongebob revisited *rolls her eyes*)
Funny
Apr 05 2009
08:59:01 PM
jtsangels27 Super Glider GliderMap Visit jtsangels27's Photo Album AR, USA 344 Posts
Glider mommy I call my little boy Patrick Chunky Monkey TOO!! He's so much bigger then my little girl yet they are the same age and on the same diet! Isn't it funny haw we think! And my little girl Penny is missy prissy cause she is unpredictable somedays she'll love you till the cows come home and other days she'll crab at you till the cows quit coming LOL Silly gliders!!
Next |
Page: of 3

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories