Sugar Gliders
Look what Can happen with a Bad diet. :(
Previous | Next |
Page: of 11
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 06 2010
05:42:08 PM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
Thanks, Belinda. :)

For everyone posting that they were on pellets "before", could you state what kind, out of curiosity? For the record, Puff Daddy was on the Eucalyptus pellets as his main diet.
Food, Diet
Dec 06 2010
06:49:48 PM
Omis n Kais g-ma Pouch Protector Visit Omis n Kais g-ma's Photo Album TX, USA 7524 Posts
Mazuri pellets here.
Food, Diet
Dec 06 2010
06:57:18 PM
Vixie Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Vixie's Photo Album USA 707 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Omis n Kais g-ma

Mazuri pellets here.

I use Mazuri Omnivore biscuits on the side of the HPW diet and they have been fine. I also use them for my skunk along with his other food. Just want to clear up if you have them on the side that they don't do much harm.
Food, Diet
Dec 06 2010
07:10:01 PM
Omis n Kais g-ma Pouch Protector Visit Omis n Kais g-ma's Photo Album TX, USA 7524 Posts
They will rarely touch them. They fill up on their BML and fruits and veggies and if they are still hungry, they may nibble on a pellet. But, I notice the pellets don't get eaten much anymore.
Food, Diet
Dec 08 2010
03:17:15 PM
KuroNeko Fuzzy Wuzzy Gliderpedia Editor Visit KuroNeko's Photo Album USA 1617 Posts

Food, Diet
Dec 08 2010
03:26:18 PM
Tenshi Glider Visit Tenshi's Photo Album Tenshi's Journal NC, USA 115 Posts

Food, Diet
Dec 08 2010
10:20:14 PM
Tevi Joey 22 Posts

This is my little boy, Suggie. I acquired him from a woman who kept him on a diet of fruits, pellets and parrot biscuits. A day after I got Suggie, I went online, ordered his rep-cal vitamins and got him started on BML asap. Now about half a year later, he's got a healthy, non-cracked coat!
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 08 2010
10:22:44 PM
skye Face Hugger Visit skye's Photo Album TN, USA 735 Posts
man that sugar glider suga momma had looked AWFUL when you got that baby!! and virtual, your gliders fur looks so nice and fluffy! my boyfriend who knows nothing of sugars looked over and was like, "wow, that sugar glider looks perfect" :D!
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 08 2010
10:31:34 PM
luvmyfurbabies Super Glider Visit luvmyfurbabies's Photo Album 341 Posts
Tenshi- LMAO!!!! :D
Off topic chat
Dec 09 2010
01:12:17 AM
KuroNeko Fuzzy Wuzzy Gliderpedia Editor Visit KuroNeko's Photo Album USA 1617 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Tevi

is is my little boy, Suggie. I acquired him from a woman who kept him on a diet of fruits, pellets and parrot biscuits. A day after I got Suggie, I went online, ordered his rep-cal vitamins and got him started on BML asap. Now about half a year later, he's got a healthy, non-cracked coat!

There you are! lol I haven't heard back from you in so long I was beginning to wonder
Food, Diet
Dec 09 2010
09:07:04 AM
dpatters28 Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit dpatters28's Photo Album USA 3134 Posts
Tevi, your glider looks 100 times better!!! Great job!

Stephanie...... wow. Just.. wow.
Food, Diet
Dec 09 2010
09:24:09 AM
THEHYLAND Zippy Glidershorts GliderMap Visit THEHYLAND's Photo Album FL, USA 4774 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Tenshi

Thats wrong.

Edited by - THEHYLAND on Dec 09 2010 09:26:10 AM
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 09 2010
09:30:01 AM
Tenshi Glider Visit Tenshi's Photo Album Tenshi's Journal NC, USA 115 Posts
Whaaaat the title of the post is "Look what can happen with a bad diet" It doesnt specifically say a GLIDERS diet :)
Food, Diet
Dec 09 2010
09:25:09 PM
Tevi Joey 22 Posts
Hi Kuro! Sorry! I haven't been able to get on as much with school and job stuff (finals this week, ack!) But I do manage to pop in on occasion and check out some threads. How are your babies? :D

Hi Doug! Aww, thanks so much! I'm very happy with how his coat has turned out - he's a lot more lively now too. He's a happy suggie :)

Food, Diet
Dec 09 2010
09:30:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Tevi

Hi Kuro! Sorry! I haven't been able to get on as much with school and job stuff (finals this week, ack!) But I do manage to pop in on occasion and check out some threads. How are your babies? :D

Oh gosh! I know, my finals are next week >.<
Mine are doing good =] I see that yours is doing well also since he looks a lot better! I PMed you so I'll talk to you through PMs so that we don't get the thread off topic
Food, Diet
Jan 05 2011
04:24:17 AM
quote:
Originally posted by bholland7

Wow that video is so sad and he was two years Old. Do we know if he made it to recovery?

YES! As it turns out, that video was from one of our members TheGliderMommie!

Video update: May 7, 2009

And here are updated pictures of him:

Most recent (He's on the left):

For those who aren't sure which post this is about, this is the before video:

quote:
hooker0face | March 26, 2009

This baby is 2 years old. I brought him home 3-25-2009 at 9 pm az time. He was previously housed with a Hamster and fed pellets and mealworms. He's on the road to recovery.

Edited by - KuroNeko on Jan 05 2011 05:17:01 AM
Food, Diet
Jan 05 2011
05:33:20 AM
dpatters28 Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit dpatters28's Photo Album USA 3134 Posts
Wow, what a difference!! He looks awesome now!
Food, Diet
Jan 05 2011
07:39:16 AM
virtual_diver Face Hugger Visit virtual_diver's Photo Album virtual_diver's Journal USA 574 Posts
Wow, looks like he made a full recovery! Great Job!
Food, Diet
Jan 05 2011
02:45:37 PM
Essika Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Essika's Photo Album Essika's Journal ON, CA 581 Posts
Aussie was fed cat food, pellets and nuts... She occasionally got fruits or veggies

This her then

And this is her now on BML with lots of mealies and fresh foods.

Then there is Nova.

I unfortunately cannot provide an updated photo's, she passed away, but I feel it's important to put her in the thread.

She was fed pellets, nuts and whatever else they had. She suffered from long term malnutrition and developed a protien allergy. There was nothing I could do to save her that I didn't do but the damage was done.

Edited to add Aussie's pictures and story.

Edited by - Essika on Jan 07 2011 10:32:43 AM
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 07 2011
04:26:19 PM
I had two males I rescued from pelleted diets.

One was on pellets, blueberries, peanut butter, nuts, and superworms. When he came to me, I didn't know how he normally acted so there was no way of me telling something was off about him. By the time I noticed, it was too late and he was gone in less than an hour. He died after a little under 4wks in my care, though I have a feeling that he may have had other health problems as well. A necropsy could not be done because my boyfriend had already buried him by the time it was mentioned to me.

The other was on just pellets. He had a total of 4 cagemates who all died off one by one until they finally decided to re-home this one. He was in my home for 3wks. I thought he was doing great, always left his bowl polished clean. My mom walked in the room to find him dead sprawled out in his favorite sleeping spot (I had just seen him [alive] 2 hours prior). He was sent to Val for a necropsy, but due to a delivery delay, the dry ice melted and he decomposed quickly. Definite cause of death is unsure, but he was fed nothing, but pellets for 4 years of his life.

My current male was at one point fed pellets until he was rescued by an acquaintance of mine who then put him on BML. I didn't see how poor of a condition he was in then, but he looks fine now. He's is in my care living happy and healthy with my female Sweetness.

I am sad to say I have no pictures of either of the rescued males in the poor condition they were.
Food, Diet
Jan 07 2011
05:14:55 PM
TINY LITTLE ANGELS Super Glider Visit TINY LITTLE ANGELS's Photo Album USA 318 Posts

This is Faith she fought very hard to make it but sadly did not she spent the last 7 days of her life with me after living for more than a year being fed pellets & hamster food and also had Gardia and HLP she had a bald spot aboove her eye from lord knows what as well as part of her ear was missing! Faith was a fighter through all the fluid injections the antibiotics liquid calciium etc. but she lost her battle after learning what love was!

Edited by - TINY LITTLE ANGELS on Jan 07 2011 05:16:23 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 07 2011
05:20:42 PM
Jerzgirl Glider 64 Posts
How can ppl do this to the babies!??! I'm so sorry to all of you who have loved and lost due to other people's ignorance. This is such an important thread - thank you all for sharing and keeping this going.
Food, Diet
Jan 07 2011
07:29:22 PM
If this doesn't show people pellets shouldn't be fed, I don't know what does. And hamster food too.
quote:
Originally posted by TINY LITTLE ANGELS

This is Faith she fought very hard to make it but sadly did not she spent the last 7 days of her life with me after living for more than a year being fed pellets & hamster food and also had Gardia and HLP she had a bald spot aboove her eye from lord knows what as well as part of her ear was missing! Faith was a fighter through all the fluid injections the antibiotics liquid calciium etc. but she lost her battle after learning what love was!

Default, miscellaneous
Jan 07 2011
08:18:25 PM
TINY LITTLE ANGELS Super Glider Visit TINY LITTLE ANGELS's Photo Album USA 318 Posts
Poor Faith she not only had a bad diet she got the short end of the stick! Missing half an ear bald spots everywhere skinny as a rail poor baby but she loved for me to hold her! Bad diet is deadly for glider's and some people either truely dont care or are just too lazy to educate them selves it's sad!
Food, Diet
Feb 18 2011
11:45:30 PM
suggiemom02 Face Hugger GliderMap Visit suggiemom02's Photo Album suggiemom02's Journal KY, USA 906 Posts
Noticed we've been getting more members, so i figured I'd bump it in case anyone had anymore photos!
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 19 2011
10:06:52 AM
asherby85 Glider GliderMap 52 Posts
How long does it generally take for the HPW diet to get these results?
Food, Diet
Feb 19 2011
10:19:07 AM
quote:
Originally posted by asherby85

How long does it generally take for the HPW diet to get these results?

Not long. I saw results in about 3 weeks when I switched Chester to HPW.
Food, Diet
Feb 19 2011
07:36:49 PM
GigglyGlider Joey Gliderpedia Editor Visit GigglyGlider's Photo Album TX, USA 14 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by kyro298

Here you go...

Before (on a pellet diet) and after (no pellets). Unfortunately, it was too late by the time I got him and he only lived 5 months with me. Per the necropsy, the damage to his liver was irreversible. All I did was prolong his life by a few months.

This was the day I got him:

This was about 2 months later:

Food, Diet
Feb 19 2011
07:43:16 PM
GigglyGlider Joey Gliderpedia Editor Visit GigglyGlider's Photo Album TX, USA 14 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by dpatters28

Here is a picture of Chester when I first got him in May. The people before me only had him a short time, but they were feeding him pellets, fruit fluff and cheetohs.

Here is a picture of Chester I just took an hour ago. He's been on the HPW diet since I got him.

Why is the first picture a boy and the second a girl? the second picture theres no bald spot on the head????
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 19 2011
07:46:08 PM
he looks like he's all wet. why is the first glider a boy, and the second a girl?
Previous | Next |
Page: of 11

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders