Sep 05 2011
08:41:37 AM
newby Face Hugger Visit newby's Photo Album 527 Posts
2 whole days researching? Wow...
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 05 2011
09:54:32 AM
shminsy14 Glider USA 91 Posts
When I decided to adopt/rescue a glider, I looked on the glider exchange. I found a woman who had two and was in my state. I emailed her, and she really didn't have much information for me, except that she was in a hurry to sell them. She lived six hours away from me but insisted that the gliders be transported through a delivery service. There was no rehoming fee, only the cost of delivery. She never even sent me pictures even after I repeatedly asked. I asked if she had a phone number that I could call her on, and she said "yes but you'll always get voicemail".
Needless to say, I walked away from that offer.
Also, in my searches to find a glider to adopt, I was in email contact with a lot of people. I know that in this day and age, there is a lot of internet lingo and vernacular, and I understand that. However, I never really felt comfortable dealing with the people who did not communicate with me somewhat professionally. I wasn't looking for perfect grammar by any means. But communicating with people who at least used some punctuation sure did make me feel more comfortable.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 07 2011
03:17:51 PM
KatieeEliza Starting Member 4 Posts
The worst one i have ever seen was the one that just scammed me The persons name is Karey Kelly! I was horrible! My family lost 300.00
Information
Sep 07 2011
03:30:19 PM
DizzyPo Fuzzy Wuzzy Gliderpedia Editor USA 1241 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by KatieeEliza

The worst one i have ever seen was the one that just scammed me The persons name is Karey Kelly! I was horrible! My family lost 300.00

You should have known by the name! I kid, I kid...
Information
Sep 11 2011
09:08:10 PM
Ginabean Starting Member 6 Posts
I have been tricked terribly!
We talked on the phone with our breeder! We shared many emails with our shipper and breeder. She was not the certified glider breeder but her husband is... or so she said. I am a fool for being taken but I am not ever going to trust someone again! I made a mistake and I am dealing with it! Even a phone call is not trustworthy!
Avoid Kerry Kelly and Joseph Cappucciana From Lake Worth Florida!!!
This is my most recent excuse why they have not sent my white glider:
Good Day,
Sorry for the delay in response you have to understand we have many inquiries and we try to treat them with much care as possible...Your sender asked us to wait so that she can complete the charges that were pending and we have not heard from her yet that is why you still have not received your glider!
I have received nothing but excuses and I am out of $300.00. I am not a fool, just feel rather naïve in this situation and did not do enough research on this person or people! I will not make this mistake ever again! I have had so much heartbreak over this! I am still very upset! I feel a fool!
I am happy to say that, I have one beautiful glider from a wonderful lady here where I live, and will only buy more from her!
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 11 2011
09:18:13 PM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
Where did you guys find this Kerry person?
Information
Sep 11 2011
09:22:42 PM
She Replied to an add we posted on Hobbly!
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 11 2011
09:25:18 PM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
Same with you, KatieeEliza? Do they have a website or anything? I wonder how many other people they've scammed...
Information
Sep 11 2011
09:29:54 PM
Katie is my daughter! We both were taken for granted.. One mess but the both of us fooled!
Information
Sep 11 2011
09:32:14 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ginabean

Katie is my daughter! We both were taken for granted.. One mess but the both of us fooled!

Oh OK
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 11 2011
09:35:44 PM
KatieeEliza Starting Member 4 Posts
Thank you
Information
Sep 11 2011
09:35:50 PM
Thank you for that link! I am sick of being fooled! I am angry and the FBI has been told and so will the Lake Worth Police!

Information
Sep 11 2011
09:43:56 PM
This is beyond disgusting! Very sick and angry to boot! I am at least awhare now! Sad though. I feel so stupid and of course hurt! I sent my husband back to Iraq the day I sent this money and I was not totaly paying attention. I just wanted another glider for our baby girl to have fun with.

I will NEVER make this mistake againl. Fool me once: shame on you, Fool me twice: Shame on me!

I will report this everywhere I can though! That is a promise!
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 11 2011
09:47:31 PM
I can't seem to find any info on her though.
Information
Sep 11 2011
09:53:48 PM
I think she is made up! His company was Austin Pet Delivery! Also I am reporting this so no one else gets fooled!
Information
Sep 21 2011
01:05:36 AM
rlmonk Starting Member 1 Posts
Joseph also scammed my sister but for English Bulldogs. Said he was using a delivery company called safeway. They asked her for 1230 dollars more than what she had already sent. thats when i told her she had been scammed. But I was able to find this on him CAPPUCCIANA JR, JOSEPH
5817 APACHE DR
LAKE WORTH, FL 33463-6949

Lake worth FL is where she sent her money to, so idk but I think the local police should know about this as well. I hope everyone gets their money back! Please e-mail me and let me know how it turns out for all of you. rlmonk@yahoo.com I will not stop until these people have been held accountable for their actions!
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 23 2011
07:10:36 PM
pocoBaby Super Glider Visit pocoBaby's Photo Album 322 Posts
We bought our sugar glider from Sugar Alley at flea Market. we fell in love with her. Our six children enjoyed gently holding her. She continually had diarrhea. After $300 purchase, 3weeks of bringing her home and $200 of Vet charges she died in my hands last night. I stroked her little head and just held her telling her how much we loved her and will miss her. The vet said she had been sold with a parasite which killed her. The owners said "sorry, business is business" after I called with 6 crying children and very heartbroken myself.
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 24 2011
01:42:41 PM
TheLittleLadyBug Glider Gliderpedia Editor Visit TheLittleLadyBug's Photo Album USA 80 Posts
Wow...thanks for the info.
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 13 2011
05:03:01 PM
scoutandmiko Glider 122 Posts
I usually get scams with bad English and people who "moved to Cameroon" it'll say "I have available now males and females sugr gliders. I recently moved to Cameroon" and that kind of stuff. I can't stand scammers!
Information
Nov 13 2011
05:22:48 PM
MattsMom82 Joey 15 Posts
Wow...now this really has me worried. :( All these scams and things going on, and I'm just a single mom trying to find the right glider for her son. *sigh*
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 15 2011
10:41:31 PM
xcatalyst Glider Visit xcatalyst's Photo Album USA 53 Posts
This thread has me scared about scammers now! I was getting paranoid after I read over this thread, so it made me wonder and I had to look on Google. I looked up the lady selling me my gliders tomorrow and she has social network profiles all over the internet, even the site where she works has her on there. I have her added on Facebook and she seems very nice. I have multiple pictures of the babies I am getting, so I think I'm safe.

If I come across any scammers, I will before to post them on this thread. Stay safe and keep an eye out!
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 24 2011
06:23:07 PM
Krysh81 Joey 13 Posts
I'm from the uk and seen an ad which said they had two joeys for sale, had the town in Britain they were from, so I messaged them asking how old the joeys were and got some lengthy message telling me her babies were her life and that she had recently moved to Cameroon and how she was learning to teach English. The thing that got me instantly was the fact that the gliders were advertised in £££££s but the message stated $$$s.

Default, miscellaneous
Dec 22 2011
12:34:58 PM
Eric C Retired GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Eric C's Photo Album Eric C's Journal TX, USA 2321 Posts
Someone named Julie that may work for Polka Dot Design in Florida is spamming people. Everyone be on the lookout for scams or unsolicited sales pitches. That crap ain't allowed here.
Information
Dec 22 2011
12:38:35 PM
JazzNZoeysmom Zippy Glidershorts GliderMap Visit JazzNZoeysmom's Photo Album USA 5354 Posts
Thanks for the warning....will definately alert you guys if I get anything.
Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 13 2012
10:42:57 PM
karensink Face Hugger GliderMap Visit karensink's Photo Album 802 Posts
Here's a new scam, they list the same listing in various cities. www.hoobly.com/0/0/1991305.html
here's the email i got concerning the listing (same email from same person, different cities)
i know it has to be fake, no one microchips or vacinates gliders, do they?
They are still available and ready to go for a new home.I have 5 sugar gliders.They are home raised, vet checked and will come with all papers needed. In placing this gliders up for adoption,am looking for reasonable,knowledgeable and cautious person who can offer them tenderness,nursery with lots of love kisses and hugs.I am not out to look for money by selling my babies but all i need is just a caring and loving forever home for my babies where they will be well loved and spoiled to rotten ..... .These adorable,cute and gorgeous gliders are 11 weeks 4days old and will be the perfect match for your family.They will be the best playmate you've ever dreamed of.With their great personality & good temperaments with kids and other pets,they will be the once to steal your heart.They will be coming along with their vet records with lots of play toys.You have nothing to worry about because i will also enclose their hand book & feeding menu to their package. Promise me that you will shower them or one of them with lots of TLC ..And i will never like my baby to end up in a shelter or rescue,feel free to mail me if you are willing to get them or one.I will like to ask you some few questions if you do not mind.

1:Where are you located(Mr/Mrs)?
2:Do you have kids.if yes are they going to take good care of the gliders?
3:Are you a breeder?
4:Do you have experience in breeding gliders?
5:How soon do you need them?
6:How many gliders will you like to adopt? Identify sex of gliders you wanna adopt.

Sorry for asking so much questions but i am just trying to look for a good and loving home for my babies. Am giving them out because i just moved into a new and non pet apartment so am desperate in getting them re-homed in any part of USA since they all have approved shipping papers and traveling crates.One will go at an adoption fee of $180 with traveling cage since i will be shipping them to any interested person from Maryland where i live, 2 will cost $360 & so on depending on the amount you wanna adopt.

Sugar gliders also come with the following papers;

# Health guarantee
# Vaccine record
# Microchip Registration
# Pedigree
# Nutrition supplement
# Traveling Crate

View recent pictures of gliders below

Thanks and wait for your response asap.
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 27 2012
06:07:18 PM
Kegozi Starting Member 1 Posts
I had an email pop up saying Becy Dyn was looking for a new home for a amalie and female 17 month old gliders. She is in Colorado and was willing to split the cost of shipping them to me. Wanted no money for the gliders, just wanted yhem to go to a good home. I fell for it until I got the email from Equine Transport requiring 100.00 to be sent only via money Gram to them. Location Cameroon! My 11 year old daughter is so disAppointed. She has done so much research and we really thought we would be giving 2 gliders a wonderful home! how mean people can be!
Information
Feb 28 2012
03:29:17 PM
dancingbeyor Face Hugger Visit dancingbeyor's Photo Album 423 Posts
Ummmmm, guys? Got a question. I found this breeder, she is in Derry NH, and just will not answer my emails!!! urggg. She answered once when i sent a very angry email after waiting a month. She replyed that because my email was rather leangthy and had so many questions, and since she had new joeys, that she would email me in the next few days when she had more time. It has now been 2 weeks since that email. She has not replied since. Is this a scam??? I was wondering because someone on this sight mentioned her when I asked for breeders.

This is the breeder:

http://www.livefreeandglide.com/gliderhome/Live_Free_%26_Glide.html

Please, should I give up on this "breeder"?
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 11 2012
05:25:41 PM
Mailie Joey Visit Mailie's Photo Album USA 19 Posts
I got this e-mail a few days ago:

Hi

All sounds well and its nice reading from you and sorry for the late reply.yes I do
have sugar gliders.I am having male and female for re homing,as they
socialized well with each other.These wonderful animals are very happy to spend their day in your shirt or coat pocket, or in a bonding pouch hanging around your neck.....They are up to date on all shots/deworming.They will
be Delivered with their health papers along side vet records.They are called Rose and Dian
and they are 13 weeks 3 days old.

Here are some attached pictures of the gliders

I am actually giving out these gliders because they belonged to my daughter(Jenner) but
with a heavy heart i lost Jenner and she was all i got ,i work with a global,broad-based
health care Company Devoted to Discovering New Medicines, New technologies
and new ways to Manage Health.Jenner died in an Accident last 6 weeks on her way back from
her piano classes and i have very bad memories when
i see these gliders around me,because they were always together with her since i am always
busy in the laboratory.

I really need to give them to someone who can really care and love them just the way Jenner
used to,as Rose and Dian has been very lonely since Jenner passed away so the best thing i
decided on as my colleague advised me was to send them to a loving home .

I really count on you if you can be there for these gliders..I am presently in Cameroon for Research on Medicine Plants and
i will Deliver them to you .....Please may i also ask you a few Questions?

Are you a breeder?
Do you have kids?
Can you also promise that you will take good care them?
How soon are you ready to have them home?

At least with this information,I will get to know better where they will be going to .I just
hope you will love them.....I will also like you to promise me that you will always send
pictures to me monthly so that I can see how they are doing in
your home...... .I will be waiting for your mail.

Thanks

scam?
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 11 2012
05:56:40 PM
Yes...scam. Anyone that has gliders knows they don't need vaccinations or deworming. If they don't, their vet should at least.
SCAMS ABOUND
Previous | Next |
Page: of 5

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
SCAMS ABOUND