Sugar Gliders
show your CAGES!!
Next |
Page: of 4
show your CAGES!!
Pictures
May 09 2009
01:29:37 PM
Hello everyone! just wanted to see what kinda cages yall have.
I am looking into ither building a cage or buying one, I already have one in mind but I just wanna see what everyone has.

if you could post pictures, mesurments and how much it was it would be really appretiated!!!

Pictures
May 09 2009
01:50:23 PM
kazko Little Bunny FooFoo GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kazko's Photo Album kazko's Journal TX, USA 6747 Posts
My three Exel tower cages with matching cage curtains. I am using standard fabric shower curtains which fit amazingly well and are light enough to allow some airflow and light; $8 each at Big Lots. There are 17 sugar gliders across these cages. Each cage has a nestbox with webcam which explains all the wires on the floor. One day I hope to devise nestboxes that hang outside of the cage in order to give the animals more romping room inside.

Pictures
May 09 2009
02:13:21 PM
Rita Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Rita's Photo Album Rita's Journal MO, USA 12214 Posts
Terry - I would NEVER have thought of using a shower curtin!!! Welll - Big Lots, here I come!!!

I have the exact same cage as Kazko, It is the smaller of the two Exel Tower Cages.

Default, miscellaneous
May 09 2009
02:50:20 PM
Holley Super Glider Visit Holley's Photo Album 381 Posts
What is in the Cat Litter box???
Pictures
May 09 2009
03:00:00 PM
Mom2MandG Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Mom2MandG's Photo Album 766 Posts
Mine is the J&M Exotics cage. It is similar to the Excel. My picture is also before my babies were ever in it. They have more toys now including a Stealth Wheel.

Shower curtain and binder clips !!!! DUH! Gonna go get some! My walls are a mess! Thanks Kazko!

Pictures
May 09 2009
03:19:22 PM
dizzysmom Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit dizzysmom's Photo Album dizzysmom's Journal IN, USA 3882 Posts
Mine is the bird.com cage that sells for $149 including shipping. They have different colors and nice big doors with switchblade locks.

Even with five gliders in the cage I don't need shower curtains with the glider kitchen. 'Course, it looks like a bomb went off in there every morning.
Pictures
May 09 2009
03:42:37 PM
mtb Face Hugger Visit mtb's Photo Album USA 950 Posts
I also0 have the J & M Exotics One questions, though, why do you use curtains Kazko?
Pictures
May 09 2009
03:48:36 PM
LadyBrandy Glider Visit LadyBrandy's Photo Album FL, USA 50 Posts
I've got the bird.com flight cage.. absolutely love it!
Pictures
May 09 2009
04:29:19 PM
Nicole87 Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Nicole87's Photo Album MD, USA 650 Posts
http://www.martinscages.com/products/cages/sugar/

It's the one all the way at the bottom

The Majestic Sugar Glider Cage (LSG-580)

30" x 30" x 60"
Upper and lower balconies
Front and side doors
2½" plastic pan
$263...but it's HUGE. My gliders love it.

Pictures
May 09 2009
05:29:38 PM
our2girlz Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit our2girlz's Photo Album United States 2362 Posts
here is my cage i built it is 84"hx36"w x 36" deep it cost aproximatley 150 dollars to build

pics were before i had my gliders in it also.
Default, miscellaneous
May 09 2009
05:51:39 PM
stepakapets101 Super Glider GliderMap Visit stepakapets101's Photo Album stepakapets101's Journal Canada 366 Posts
wow, all really nice!!
how much did ya guys get your excel cages for?
they look HUGE, I would love to get one for my trio of gliders, my pair already has the Hex. Cage and that one is a pain to clean!!!
Pictures
May 09 2009
07:10:59 PM
Goldwinger Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit Goldwinger's Photo Album Goldwinger's Journal VA, USA 1369 Posts
This is my boys cage - Lucas and Cosmo

This is The Cage for Jack, Luna and Milk Dud when I had it decorated for Easter. I plan on getting them a bigger one once I can financially afford it.

Pictures
May 09 2009
07:13:52 PM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
One Exel (around $150, I think, when I got it-they are not that price anymore) and and one Bird.com ($150) cage with a tunnel hooking them together

Edited by - kyro298 on May 09 2009 07:15:14 PM
Pictures
May 09 2009
08:05:53 PM
LovingLife123 Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit LovingLife123's Photo Album LovingLife123's Journal USA 1069 Posts
This is Podo, Kodo and Fizzy's cage

Hanging toys, This is the gliders own play room.

This is Luke and Layes cage and in the middle is the jungle gym I bought from Kathy.

Here is a full picture.

Edited by - LovingLife123 on May 09 2009 08:09:59 PM
Default, miscellaneous
May 09 2009
08:12:34 PM
Mollysmom Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit Mollysmom's Photo Album MI, USA 2011 Posts
I love that jungle gym! So cute! I bet your babies have a blast on that.
Default, miscellaneous
May 09 2009
08:36:05 PM
stepakapets101 Super Glider GliderMap Visit stepakapets101's Photo Album stepakapets101's Journal Canada 366 Posts
awsome! thanks. That jungle jym is really cool, I think I will build one or maby buy one :D
Pictures
May 09 2009
08:39:36 PM
our2girlz Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit our2girlz's Photo Album United States 2362 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by stepakapets101

awsome! thanks. That jungle jym is really cool, I think I will build one or maby buy one :D

The jungle gym is great my husband just finished building a giant cage for our gliders maybe and can figure out a way to build a jungle gym too.
Default, miscellaneous
May 09 2009
08:59:01 PM
LovingLife123 Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit LovingLife123's Photo Album LovingLife123's Journal USA 1069 Posts
They absolutely love it! Just something new for them to explore and be curious about.
Default, miscellaneous
May 09 2009
09:17:00 PM
ger, I cant get the exel cage, they dont ship to canada [:'(]
gerr!!! lol.
Pictures
May 09 2009
10:47:00 PM
tisha Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit tisha's Photo Album tisha's Journal OK, USA 2081 Posts

I'm getting a new one soon (identical to the one on the right that is from bird.com). I hate my PVC one!
Pictures
May 09 2009
11:10:15 PM
Reenabee Super Glider Visit Reenabee's Photo Album 264 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by tisha

I'm getting a new one soon (identical to the one on the right that is from bird.com). I hate my PVC one!

I was thinking about making a PVC cage..but I am not so sure anymore..why do you hate yours? (just curious)

Edited by - Reenabee on May 09 2009 11:11:14 PM
Default, miscellaneous
May 09 2009
11:16:32 PM
lovely1inred Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit lovely1inred's Photo Album 1144 Posts
The cat litter boxes in Kazko's cages are the nest boxes. The PVC pipe going into the tops are for the webcams. And the webcams are linked into this site, you can watch his suggies any time you want! (They are super adorable too, but we all already knew that.)
Default, miscellaneous
May 09 2009
11:25:01 PM
Holley Super Glider Visit Holley's Photo Album 381 Posts
Ahhhh... Gotcha! Nice roomie Nesting box!
Pictures
May 09 2009
11:32:17 PM
Rita Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Rita's Photo Album Rita's Journal MO, USA 12214 Posts
If you can find one - the Exel Tower cages (normal sized and Large) can be found on e-bay. Just type in Sugar Glider Cage.
Pictures
May 09 2009
11:33:06 PM
guitargeek01 Face Hugger GliderMap Visit guitargeek01's Photo Album guitargeek01's Journal IL, USA 718 Posts

Mine can be found here. http://www.sugar-gliders.com/sugar-glider-cage.htm

I dont use a glider kitchen, the walls in the room are proof of that.
the gliders really like this cage but there are downfalls, I cant hang anything at the top so i have ropes stretched across to hang toys from and the doors are not big enough to fit a wheel through, so i take the bottom apart and put it through there. other than that, its a good cage!
Pictures
May 10 2009
12:18:36 AM
quote:
Originally posted by guitargeek01

Mine can be found here. http://www.sugar-gliders.com/sugar-glider-cage.htm

I dont use a glider kitchen, the walls in the room are proof of that.
the gliders really like this cage but there are downfalls, I cant hang anything at the top so i have ropes stretched across to hang toys from and the doors are not big enough to fit a wheel through, so i take the bottom apart and put it through there. other than that, its a good cage!

I have that cage for my pair of gliders lol. It came with my first pair so i didnt buy two

I have looked on ebay and the person who sells the exel cages and they dont ship to canada I cant get it and I wanted to extra tall one...

gerr, I wish I lived in america sometimes!!!

Edited by - stepakapets101 on May 10 2009 12:20:50 AM
Pictures
May 10 2009
04:27:12 PM
THEHYLAND Zippy Glidershorts GliderMap Visit THEHYLAND's Photo Album FL, USA 4774 Posts

Pictures
May 10 2009
08:02:17 PM
tisha Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit tisha's Photo Album tisha's Journal OK, USA 2081 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Reenabee

[quote]

I was thinking about making a PVC cage..but I am not so sure anymore..why do you hate yours? (just curious)

It's harder to clean. With the other cage I can just use a sponge and wipe it all down once a week. I also like to wipe with baby wipes every other day in between the intense cleaning just so it's not AS dirty. But the PVC cage will shred a sponge and baby wipes.
Pictures
May 10 2009
11:38:44 PM
Reenabee Super Glider Visit Reenabee's Photo Album 264 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by tisha

quote:
Originally posted by Reenabee

[quote]

It's harder to clean. With the other cage I can just use a sponge and wipe it all down once a week. I also like to wipe with baby wipes every other day in between the intense cleaning just so it's not AS dirty. But the PVC cage will shred a sponge and baby wipes.

Thanks! Thats good to know! I think I will just stick with the bird cages
Pictures
May 11 2009
04:58:30 AM
Jett Face Hugger GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Jett's Photo Album Jett's Journal Australia 681 Posts

I have added brush fencing to one side of the aviary and too the top of the arch for added protection from owls and the neighbourhood cat. I have had my sugar gliders outside for almost three years now with no fatalities yet. I also have a smaller avairy set up beside this one that houses two gliders and the other two live in this enclosure, although at the moement I have two Brushtails in it till probably tommorow when I re-release them again.

Edited by - Jett on May 11 2009 05:00:03 AM
Pictures
May 11 2009
09:37:25 AM
Mollysmom Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit Mollysmom's Photo Album MI, USA 2011 Posts
Nice looking set up, Jett! Up here in Michigan, it's usually not warm enough outside to have the gliders out. It would be wonderful if I could!
show your CAGES!!
Next |
Page: of 4

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
show your CAGES!!