A medical discussion for new owners regarding male gliders
Previous | Next |
Page: of 7
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 30 2009
06:46:05 PM
Katye Starting Member Visit Katye's Photo Album USA 9 Posts
My sugar glider Noah is about seven or eight months old. I'm not sure if it is his genitalia that I am seeing though. I looked at the pictures, and Noah's does NOT look like that at all. It is smaller, and extremely pink. Could this just be an under-developed genitalia??
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 30 2009
07:19:28 PM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
You may be seeing just the tip.
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 02 2009
06:06:17 PM
Katye Starting Member Visit Katye's Photo Album USA 9 Posts
Okay. Thanks :)
Default, miscellaneous
May 02 2009
08:22:08 AM
whtoleander68 Joey Visit whtoleander68's Photo Album RI, USA 13 Posts
OMG!! zoe is not a girl thanks for the pics because I realy thought something was wrong it does look like a worm!!!
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 01 2009
08:07:59 AM
leahburk Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit leahburk's Photo Album USA 1192 Posts
Why would anyone even think of doing this, they must not know anything about male gliders. They should have at least taken them to the vet first and then found out how stupid they were. Instead of casterating. OMG!!
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 01 2009
04:45:05 PM
Jaclyn13 Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Jaclyn13's Photo Album Jaclyn13's Journal AZ, USA 1359 Posts
comment removed by admin
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 25 2009
06:21:04 PM
crazy4suggies Super Glider GliderMap Visit crazy4suggies's Photo Album 210 Posts
wow thanks 4 the info eric helpful :)
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 09 2009
05:10:23 PM
Gliderjoey Starting Member 1 Posts
i guess i am lucky since i have a female sugar but thanks for the tip
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 21 2009
06:43:01 PM
BookGoddes Face Hugger Visit BookGoddes's Photo Album 482 Posts

Sad that this even needs to be a warning at the top of such a board. One would think any reasonable person would bother to look it up or take the animal to a vet, not jump to the idea of cutting it off. -sigh-
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 21 2009
07:24:00 PM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts

Default, miscellaneous
Aug 08 2009
04:44:31 AM
sparkikus Starting Member 2 Posts
hey all,

i've got 2 joeys of about 9 months old, i am a bit concerned though...

the guy i got them off assured me they were both male, i have seen one of the guys genitalia but the other is being a bit reluctant.

he is smaller, has no bold patch on his head but definatly has the lump of a scrotum.

is there a chance i am seeing this wrong as a pouch??

i don't want a female as they are from the same litter and if they bred, well, do i say anymore?

can someone tell me how to confirm for sure if they are both male?

much thanks
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2009
03:38:13 PM
Jay21 Glider Jay21's Journal USA 191 Posts
comment removed by admin

Edited by - Jay21 on Aug 24 2009 05:14:04 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2009
05:18:09 PM
Mollysmom Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit Mollysmom's Photo Album MI, USA 2011 Posts
Have they had a check up at the vet? One way to know for certain is to check with your vet. You're better off with two neutered males, BTW. A lot less stink!
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 02 2009
03:41:30 PM
myztik Joey myztik's Journal 35 Posts
thats so weird how i just saw this on my male right when i read this lol. ive seen this happen to my old pot belly pig. i wouldnt neveer think to cut it off i simply thought it was for mating lol. thank you letting people know to stop this! =)
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 04 2009
03:58:25 AM
skittlesandpeanut Super Glider GliderMap skittlesandpeanut's Journal USA 227 Posts
okay...first and foremost I have to say it.....damn is that thing HUGE! Can you imagine...I mean...two....wtf! it just looks so...ouch...i just...words cant really explain what i thought when i saw it. This was the first thread i saw when i looked at this sight. And it was entirely by accident I swear! But now...well i'm freaked out and fascinated at the same time. I always wondered what their breeding rituals were and what not...but i have 2 males, both neutured and i have never ever seen that. or anything like it. To be honest i hope i never do, b/c it just freaks me out. I'm sorry if that sounds rude or immature, and no, i'm not a teenagr, and i have a child. But jeeze...thats so freakin gross! Is it bad I've never seen my suggies .."things"?? Am I ever going to? B/c if i'm gonna ever see one of them, i need to prepare myself now. No one else seems as grossed out and as freaked out as I am over this. Its like a bad car accident...i dont wanna look, but i just cant stop staring.....
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 04 2009
03:52:54 PM
SuggieBoi Super Glider GliderMap Visit SuggieBoi's Photo Album TX, USA 271 Posts
I recall seeing my males genitaliaes for the first time, I caught him ummm whats the term for a male pleasing himself, and I was like OMG thats their genitalia, its huge for such a small animal. I got educated and got a laugh at some posts on this thread, but not by the ones about the mutilations.

Their things dont gross me out by any means nor does seeing their lil sacks, actually the running joke around my house is that I have 3 sets of balls in my house and they arent mine! LOL
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 01 2009
12:26:49 PM
babykiki Glider Visit babykiki's Photo Album babykiki's Journal 57 Posts
WOW is all I got to say but useful info.
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 29 2009
11:54:14 AM
thegoodwitch Starting Member 8 Posts
Oh wow thanks for that P.A., i was worried the night i got my Momo, I thought he had a worm coming out of him!
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 08 2010
02:11:32 PM
Raenstoirm Super Glider 369 Posts
I think I should have gotten girls!
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 20 2010
02:30:58 PM
RavenSong Joey Visit RavenSong's Photo Album VA, USA 14 Posts
Thanks for the informative posts. I have two females. Don't plan on having any males; but then the future might hold something different for me. I happened to see rabbits mating once when I was very small and the genitaliaes are kind of similar in that they kinda resemble long pink worms. I couldn't imagine anyone cutting one off, poor lil guys or sewing up the cloaca! I hope new male glider owners read this and learn before any other male gliders have torturous acts performed on them.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 20 2010
11:22:29 AM
torilynn Face Hugger Visit torilynn's Photo Album 789 Posts
Well the fist time I saw moe's I ran to google and researced why an alien was coming out of his butt LMAO Has to be the oddest looking genitalia ever, however i'm sure my husband wishes his was forked at the end LOl
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 20 2010
04:42:36 PM
Megs06 BANNED_ACCOUNT Gliderpedia Editor Visit Megs06's Photo Album USA 1 Posts

Default, miscellaneous
Sep 20 2010
05:35:43 PM
Tenshi Glider Visit Tenshi's Photo Album Tenshi's Journal NC, USA 115 Posts
o.O...DP?
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 22 2010
12:19:14 AM
KuroNeko Fuzzy Wuzzy Gliderpedia Editor Visit KuroNeko's Photo Album USA 1617 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by torilynn

Well the fist time I saw moe's I ran to google and researced why an alien was coming out of his butt LMAO Has to be the oddest looking genitalia ever, however i'm sure my husband wishes his was forked at the end LOl

Default, miscellaneous
Sep 22 2010
05:45:30 AM
bwetherell Glider Visit bwetherell's Photo Album MA, USA 164 Posts
I did the same thing tori, i was freaked out haha! I only read this page of this thread, I'm afraid to go back...someone actually cut the genitalia off? ouch :( poor baby.
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 27 2010
05:07:30 PM
KristyvanErven Glider Visit KristyvanErven's Photo Album KristyvanErven's Journal MO, USA 140 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by fairieprincess

Good post, gave me a good laugh. I don't know about anyone else's males, but Maliika has his out ALOT. I'm always seeing it, and it does look a bit strange. You should have seen the look on my mom's face when she saw it and I told her what it was. She was like " but there's two!!!" it just made me laugh

I was told when their genitalia is out, it means they are very relaxed.
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 28 2010
04:32:09 PM
peaceloveandgliders Joey USA 43 Posts
I don't see how someone could mistake it.. I mean the first time I saw Kaden's I never though twice about what it could possibly be.
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 07 2011
08:08:08 AM
george.merced Starting Member 2 Posts
will they still have that if they were nudered when babies
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 07 2011
09:20:25 AM
They still have their genitalia, yes. It's the scrotal sac ("poms")that gets removed and some vets even leave that intact. If the poms are left on, there's no visible way to just look and see if a glider has been neutered.
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 02 2011
01:20:24 AM
susanne Joey Visit susanne's Photo Album 40 Posts
Well I'm new at this, but I've read enough about them that I knew what that was. Hahahahaha! Oh that is terrible! But knowing all the not so bright people out there.....I guess they're in the glider world too. that's funny but it's really not.....lol
Previous | Next |
Page: of 7

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders